1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Embrace the clutch

I agree but I think 2 first will be intriguing enough to consider it

2. xaos

xaos Member

@aelliott any trade ideas for the rockets?

saleem likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fwiw the Magic president or vice, can't remember now, said a couple of days ago (i think the Athletic reported this) that they'll try to resign Vuc and Ross.

Embrace the clutch and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather have AG or even their latest pick, Chuma Okeke.

Magic have invested in too many young 4s and they all need minutes.

One of these 3 are going to be gone in near future: Aaron Gordon, Jonathon Isaac or Chuma Okeke.

Chuma and Isaac are younger cheaper and their games complement each other better.

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Need players like ibaka and vanvleet in bench.
    Not looking for bad players.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Saw that too. Smart IMO. Ross is late bloomer but is the 3-D wing all teams covet.

Vuc is the true franchise player for Magic. First All Star since Dwight. Well deserved. Both also have great intangibles.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think they should dump Fournier and start Ross, or just trade Isaac...regardless i agree with you, they some decisions to make in a couple of spots, and they desperately need a pg.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How hard, I wonder?

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Isaac is nails on D and just needs to work on his shot. I'd trade for him.

Vivi likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hard enough i'd say, i mean:

- they made the playoff after i don't even know hom many years, this alone probably pushed them to build around them
    - they have money to spend
    - they won't be able to attract any better or as good free agent anyway

Personally i'm not even a fan of Vuc and Ross, but i think for the Magic retain them, might be the best thing to do. Vuc and Gordon is still a good pair all things considered, but they really need to fix the rest of the starting 5 imo, Isaac, Fournier and DJ are just not good enough.

They have assets though, so you never kno...if i'm them i'd really consider moving Bamba and Isaac with Fournier for a PG like Conley, resign Ross unless he wants way too much money and look for a solid 3&D guy, now i'm just throwing random names out there, but if they could trade for Paul/Holiday and get a guy like Bazemore/Brown/Bradley/Aminu and roll out there:

Vucevic
    Gordon
    Brown/Bazemore/Aminu
    Ross/Bradley
    Paul/Holiday

...i think that's a solid starting 5, and a pretty big improvement on what they had last season.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

True, i'm intrigued too and would be ok if the price in not high, but if he's going to develop into a 4 (which is likely i think) one between him and Gordon will be gone at some point (unless Isaac turns out to be nothing more than a bench player).

D-rock likes this.
  12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No really. For me the difficulty is knowing what Capela's trade value is. I'm not sure if he's viewed as a system guy that is much better in our style. Also, bigs that can't shoot just aren't valued as high as they use to be.

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not good ROI trading Bamba so early IMO.

I think Magic could improve by trading AG or Isaac + Fournier for stud PG. DJ would strengthen opposing team bench.

Smart/Fultz
    Ross/Iwundu
    Hayward/Jackson
    Isaac/Chuma
    Vuc/Bamba/Birch

Magic have nice mix of vet youth + 2 former All Stars.

Boston gets a balanced roster with 3 long starters who can switch D. Maybe 4 if Williams pans out. Offense off bench with DJ, Fournier and 3 1st rounders.

Rozier/DJ/Edwards
    Brown/Langford
    Tatum/Fournier/Olejeye
    AG/GWilliams
    RWilliams/Theis/Yabusele

#1794 D-rock, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

For me the point is like, if i'm Orlando and i want to compete, there's just no reason to move Gordon unless i get back someone much better, cause he's my best player/contract so, for me, there's no way in hell i move him for Hayward, Smart ecc, i might think about moving him for a player like Beal.

As for Bamba, they just need to decide if it's him or Vuc, cause they just can't play together so, if they keep Bamba as a backup he'll like fail to develop and lose regardless a lot of value.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Smart/Hayward package or elite PG - trade AG for an upgrade at guard plus clear playing time for their younger 4s. Makes too much sense.

And I do think Bamba and Vuc are playable against certain matchups due to Vucevic 's ability to shoot beyond the arc.

May all be moot if Markelle Fultz plans out.

17. Embrace the clutch

I love ag but the magic are not trading him unless they are getting a superstar

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo not if they want to compete, if you want to compete you just don't trade your best player unless you get back something better, and Hayward/Smart is definitely not better value than Gordon, an elite PG would be, but who could be in play as today in that range of player?

On Bamba/Vuc i think they might work on offense since both can shoot, but the problem is on defense, those two guys together would be exposed.

19. ilias

ilias Member

Bogdanovic, Bjelica for Gordon, a first (2021) and two seconds (2020, 2021). I'd throw in more picks if needed.

Bjelica is a great fit starting next to Capela and Tucker. Bogdanovic is a younger version of Gordon, can be a great secondary playmaker. Both can shoot the 3. Bogdanovic has the size to play at SF in 3-guard lineups. A Harden, Paul, Bogdanovic, Tucker, Bjelica lineup would break scoring records (admittedly defense would suck).

20. Senator

Senator Member

Trade Paul and Capela to Washington... for John Wall and D Howard. Throw on a cpl late firsts. Trade Gordon to anyone under the cap..

They need veteran leadership surrounding young talent. Rockets have Harden , just need talent which Paul aged past.

Wall
    Butler
    Harden
    Tucker
    McGee

Could flame out
    Could win a title
    Won’t be the same as the last 5 years
    Take a risk at upgrading talent like Toronto did , dont make the same mistake you've made for 5 straight years. Paul butler and harden with no Gordon or capela is a 2nd round team.

#1800 Senator, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019