1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you happy with tonight's winning at all cost?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 21, 2019.

?

Are you satisfied with tonight's winning?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. NO!

55 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The irony is criticizing this as "winning at all costs", because Tilman is constantly criticized for not paying the luxury tax last year. Maybe this is part of the joke.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We gave our FO excuses year after year of failure and now that the Warriors are finally out of the picture, this year is it if we're ever going to win it.

If Tilman and Morey don't commit to an all-in move this free agency then I'll believe they just don't care about the title and are just fine us going another decade without winning it all.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Worst post I've read today.

4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

One shot in the last 7 minutes vs GS, 2 shots in 1st half of another crucial playoff game vs SAS, benched in a playoff comeback vs the Clippers. The facts don't support you

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We got Iman out of that deal and Iman made us slightly more competitive against the Warriors. That's worth something. Especially seeing as a 2019 late round rookie was the cost. We're in win-now mode. The valuable assets weren't available and moving Brandon Knight wasn't a disaster. If we paid House the MLE that would have been a disaster. Dude ain't worth using the MLE.. he was unplayable versus the Warriors.

I get your passion, but not so much your logic. Winning now and winning for the next 3 years are the priority. Dylan Windler ain't going to do **** in the NBA. Iman will.

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

@tinman

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If we are to believe reports, we tried to go for Davis(and to no ones surprise didn’t succeed)and are doing all we can for Butler.

I don’t think there is any evidence to say Morey hasn’t cared enough to try to win a title and I think after all the luxury tax backlash of last season TF should be motivated more than ever to prove that’s not the type of owner he is, if in fact that’s not who he is.

It appears they are committed. Still have to get a yes on the other end for a deal to happen.

jsilencio likes this.
  8. biff17

biff17 Member

What does any of this have to do with original post?

While I think you are wrong about your luxury tax theory you at least give a reasonable theory.

Carl is just trolling at this point he is not even complaining about Tillman anymore.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Bobby Jackson! Lou Williams! Ummm.....was Mike James signed or traded? Anyway, yeah, I see your point though the Lou one was good.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tilman should Buy 31 or 41th pick. These are assets.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So … how am I wrong about the luxury tax theory ?

You can always dump salary. Its easy , teams will take good players for little to nothing in return every chance they get.

You don't always have an MVP candidate in his prime to build around.

We would most definitely be better off from a competitive standpoint right now with a mid sized expiring contract and 1st / 2nd round picks to have used or traded in yesterdays draft than we are having none of the above and all you have to show for it is Shumpert's bird rights which you probably wont resign.

In one of those situations , you have assets to get better …. in the current situation , you got jack sh!...

13. biff17

biff17 Member

We have already had a discussion on this not going to rehash it again.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Then why did you bother to respond ….

15. biff17

biff17 Member

Did you read my post?

I was trying to give you props.

Why so hostile?

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Maybe I read it wrong ?