1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Willie Cauley-Stein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Why? I guess you haven't followed the Kings enough to know what's going on. Let me tell you something about Willie.
    He's an average at best at Center, not a starter material. He doesn't make an impact when he's on the floor other than receiving alley-oop from DeAaron Fox. He doesn't shoot well, can't dribble well, can't pass well, doesn't rebound well for his size, can't block well, his defense is terrible when it come to pick n roll. And most importantly and this is the ultimate the reason why the Kings should not re-sign him, he is probably a player with one of the lowest basketball IQ in the ENTIRE LEAGUE!! His lack of offensive and defensive awareness is atrocious. When a guy is open, he failed to see him and by the time he see him and passed the ball, it got intercepted. His help team defense is one of the worst I ever seen, letting guy drive and attack the basketball easily on a simple pick n roll. His shooting is inconsistent at best. He doesn't have 3pt shot to spread the floor. Guy who is guarding him can just leave him because he's not a threat offensively.

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

It's all relative to his asking price.

They could love him but not at any price. If they believe that he will get more than they are willing to pay, then they will look elsewhere.

D-rock likes this.
  3. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Sometimes. Depending on the market though, being a restricted FA can drive up your price as another team tries to give you a contract your current team won't match. It's limiting when the market is dry such as last season, but that isn't the case this year.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

WCS is a scrub, spends more time painting (his fav hobby) than actually in the paint

D-rock likes this.
  5. dukeandduke

dukeandduke New Member

"You can't fire me, I quit!"

I had him on my fantasy team and I still think he sucks in an actual game. @Yao4REAL basically nailed it on the head with why.

#25 dukeandduke, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    daywalker02 likes this.
  6. JD88

JD88 Member

Sounds exactly like Capela...

amaru likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

capela's a lot better imo, and i'm not a fan of capela :D

8. amaru

amaru Member

So basically a poor man's Capela. We've already seen how the real Capela struggles in the postseason.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

As a side note, is there any team that's pissed away more lottery picks than Sacramento?

D-rock likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Getting Willie will hopefully get us some positive coverage from his father Marc Stein.

J.R. likes this.
  11. eman

eman Contributing Member

Keep Capela. Keep everyone. Run it back, dammit. This squad should win the next chip, the way everyone else is falling apart. So just don’t fall apart.

12. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I agree with you on that but i have always like WCS but i always thought the kings wanted another demarcus cousins clone

13. ball king23

ball king23 Member

no just watched enough tape on WCS through out college and NBA and like the fast quick feet and reaction time of both Capela and WCS but like the fact that WCS is more offensive and will do more putback dunks and a little cheaper

14. JD88

JD88 Member

WCS signs a min deal with the Warriors.

Could have traded Capela for a shot creating wing player and picked up Capela lite for a fraction of the price.

Oh well, guess we'll see how effective he is when we meet in the playoffs again.

15. JD88

JD88 Member

WCS would have been a great fit in Houston, again.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

WCS was garbage when this thread was created and he's still garbage now. 2nd rounder? Mavs gave up too much for him.

YOLO, javal_lon and Zoplicone like this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

100%.

People assume we can slide any skinny 7 footer in Capela’s role and he’d be an automatic perfect fit. Couldn’t be any more wrong.

snowconeman22, hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

If WCS plays like he did at Kentucky the league would be put on notice. He is obviously the same person so the potential is there. With the right motivation and system (one like ours) he is an easy MVP candidate. Wish he were here. He is Stanley Roberts all over again.

BamBam likes this.
  19. JD88

JD88 Member

I'll be sure to revisit this when Dallas eliminates Houston in the playoffs and WCS out plays Capela for 1/10th the price.

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think that will have more to do with Dallas having a wayyyyyy better head coach "Dan Tony" as well as Luka on the court moreso than WCS.