1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Gordon doesn't sign extensions now, how much his value on market will be bid up to next summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Jun 23, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

One Mavs fan said Seth Curry's value on the market will be bid up to the $40-60M range this summer.
    Seth Curry plays 19 minutes a game and has 45% 3FG.
    Al Horford demands $114 million contract (rumor).
    Tobias Harris demands 188 million contract.
    If Eric Gordon doesn't sign extensions this summer, his value on the market will be bid up to the $100-120M range next summer?
    Gordon is eligible for a four-year extension worth a maximum of $76 million. it is quite a bit less than the four-year, $145 million max deal (though other teams are unlikely to offer him max) next summer. It should not be seen as a lack of loyalty or a sign that he does not want to stay here for the next few seasons.
    This is the problem:
    If Morey trades Gordon's expiring contract, he becomes a rental option, his trade value is all time low.
    Do you think the best idea is to make a bid with other 29 competitors next summer?
    Do you think the bidding war will be won by Tilman because he has five-year option next summer?

#1 BigBum, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3/45 - declining is the absolute best offer I'd make him.

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Gordon is likely to sign extension, but anything can happen after he sees Horford, J.J. Reddick, Paul Millsap, and Jordan sign overpaid contracts.

3 stars are likely to change the teams now: Durant, Irving and Horford
    The rest stars are likely to stay.
    Next summer, not enough stars, too many cap rooms (teams)

#3 BigBum, Jun 23, 2019
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is silly. Look at Gordon’s age and injury history and look at Redick. Now tell me Gordon has teams lining up to pay him the max. You cited all young players and Horford is not getting that much.

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Why does it matter what a mavs fan said. The fact they’re a mavs fan should indicate immediately to you the value of their thoughts

saleem and jordnnnn like this.
  6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Too many teams have big cap rooms. Market is crazy. That is what it means.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

I thought Horford is worth 3year 45 million last week.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I want to know what drugs that Mavs fan is using, or maybe...he's just a Mavs fan :D

As for Gordon i don't see anyone offer him 100M or more next summer, the cap should rise again, but for Gordon at 31 that sounds just way too much to me, with his injury history...i just don't see it, probably won't even get a 4 year deal. What i'd expect is something like a 60/65M in 3 years at best.

On the trade argument, i think a player like Gordon even if expiring will easily net you a 1st round pick or a decent/solid rookie scale contract.

With that said imo, the best idea is to trade him for Butler if you prefer to keep Capela or he doesn't agree to an extension. If he sign an extension and you prefer to keep him over Capela in a big trade scenario that's fine, but the Rockets are already poor on assets, if he's not willing to stay here you have to move him imo, whether it's in a big trade or just to take back some assets.

luckyman76 likes this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Eric Gordon is younger than Kevin Love (120 million contract).
    Who is better, Love or Gordon?

the most likely is 3year 65M, but Mavs and Nets owners are "crazy". Horford $100M rumor contract is crazy.
    Paul 160M contract is crazy.

#9 BigBum, Jun 23, 2019
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

They're both 30, two months younger means nothing.

Gordon is probably more valuable for us, but Love is pound for pound the better player, he has been an all star multiple times too, Gordon not even once, that matters when a player is about to get paid. Eric for as good and underestimated as he is, just doesn't have that status in the league, and will never command that amount of money. Same thing for Horford (former all star) and Chris Paul (former MVP caliber player), status = money in the NBA.

#10 Vivi, Jun 23, 2019
    JoeBarelyCares and BigBum like this.
  11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

the least he'll get is 3 years, 70 million, unless he gets hurt

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Morey already tried to extend him. Gordon was smart and took his agent's advice to hold off. Morey knows that bidding for him on the market is going to be expensive. Gordon is getting older and injuries are bound to be a factor. I think this is EG's last year with the team. He will be dealt this off-season or he will play out the year and sign with someone else next off-season. But i just don't see the Rockets investing big long-term money in EG, and that's what a team is gonna have to do to get him.

topfive and Corrosion like this.
  13. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Bro, do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

napalm06 likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If any team pays Seth Curry more than $25 mil they will be the laughing stock of the league.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Cant afford to lose him to a rival.

Gordon is sooo underrated.

He is vital to how we play.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

He does. It's called the I'm Not a Holic Burner! Newsletter.

BeardNation13 and napalm06 like this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pound for pound I’d say Gordon is better.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, maybe it's a close call. I'm not a fan of Love, i am a fan of Eric, but if i have to say who's the best player without considering the salary and the fit, i'd still say it's Love.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For me it’s because Love weighs more pounds. So pound for pound, I think I give EG the nod. :p

Vivi likes this.
  20. BigBum

BigBum Member

I think market is this crazy because nets want to beat Knicks and clippers want to beat Lakers.