1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the new jerseys (IDIOT).

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jun 22, 2019.

?

Rate the new jerseys for next few seasons...

1. 10

13.3%
  2. 9

13.8%
  3. 8

32.0%
  4. 7

18.8%
  5. 6

8.8%
  6. 5

7.2%
  7. 4

1.1%
  8. 3

1.1%
  9. 2

0.6%
  10. 1

3.3%
  1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Why do Rockets jerseys suck?

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

I don't know what you mean. These new jerseys are FIRE!

fallenphoenix, Mazulis, Bo6 and 34 others like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Debated 6 or 7. They're OK. They're fresh, they're clean. They're not memorable, unique.

Williamson likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I will go with a 6 primarily because of the ketchup and mustard one...the other 2 are definitely an improvement over what we used to have, but still, they’re not amazing, and I don’t think I’d ever buy either one...maybe they’ll look better to me when I actually see them on court

5. Put You On Game

I give it a 7. Not a bad upgrade. Wish they changed the font on the numbers and have the checkered detail on the side of the jersey like the black alternate jersey

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Like the new white and red jerseys. Would have been a 10 for me if wasn’t for the stripes on the side that goes down to the shorts and front of the shorts. Would’ve have been sick without those.

Red.Glare likes this.
  7. WestendMassive

I don't understand all the negativity around the new jerseys. It's like clutchfans won't be happy with anything that this management team does, just because of a disappointing season. I've sent them around to fans of other teams and they all said they look awesome, good job Houston.

Makes me wonder if people would still b**** on here about game style and D'Antoni's rotation even if we won the championship.

Clutchfans has become toxic. It's sad.

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I like it. I’ve been asking for the blocked sides since the ketchup and mustard Jersey’s they wore in the early 2010s. I wanted them to take that style and use the red and white for the home jersey and red and yellow for away. Instead the away jersey is red and black but can’t complain too much.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Gave them a 6. That’s not including the throwback, if you include throwbacks then it’s an 8

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Pic would be helpful

11. bmd

bmd Member

Clutchfans has become toxic ever since the 41-41 season.

I can’t stand the negative attitudes here. Acting like Morey is an idiot, Tilman is broke, Harden is fat, Capela sucks, CP3 is washed, the uniforms are ugly, D’Antoni is Pringles, etc.

It’s like are y’all even fans of the team?

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

To be fair Dantoni is Pringles.

fallenphoenix and apollo33 like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gave the new jerseys an 8. It is an improvement. Only nitpick is I am undecided on the arm circles, perhaps a bit unnecessary design element. But maybe it will grow on me. And I think the "ROCKETS" font is a bit too close together and too thick. I would prefer it closer to the "HOUSTON" font and thickness that is on the black jerseys. Not a huge deal, but wanted to point it out. I think the shorts with the exhaust ploom are sharp.

JW86 likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

imo the least worst jerseys are those red ones w/ the dark red trim from this past season.... are they gone now?

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I mean basically. The reality is you'll never get everybody to agree on anything. As far as these jerseys go, I'm probably not going to be happy until they bring back the classic championship jersey. These are an improvement over the previous jerseys but I'm not excited about them. I also have always HATED our current logo so I was disappointed to see them hold on to that.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Still not a big fan of the font but the cut and color scheme is far better.

JW86 likes this.
  17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Someone post pictures of the new jerseys in this thread, please.

burlesk likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Peking Opera Harden was fun.

19. JW86

JW86 Member

The problem is 5-fold:

1. font inconsistency - rockets designers incompetence since 2011/12 I believe and still going strong.

2. Letters and numbers placement is too close together - Nike and NBA seem to be largely responsible for this as most teams seem to have their space to work with reduced to the (upper) chest area. My guess is due to the patches all those involved want the team name / city to be visible alongside it as much as possible in various camera shots.

3. time and logo - Rockets fans have been clamouring for a change away from the R and its accompanying jerseys. Any tweaks won’t suffice.

4. colours & nostalgia - for nostalgia reasons fans want mcdonald’s when in reality most projects online with that combination suck donkey balls and let’s face it: it’s just not that great. The original jerseys had red with a simple gold trim which is fine. A lot of yellow would be ugly but until it happens, fans will cry about the current colours.

5. superstition - deep down I think we all are still suffering from the post double clutch change to dildo planet and are now irrationally hoping that going back to original colours or changing jerseys and logo will also lead to results on the court.

My review: 7.5 / 10

The two home and away jerseys are rock solid. I love the trim, the side panel, the shorts blast off exhaust, the incorporation of black and the curved Rockets across the chest.
    The distance between numbers and letters is alright.

The biggest issues are the numbers font staying the same, it doesn’t match, the compressed look of Rockets as you can hardly read it and how generic the font is. It’s much improved over our hideous previous ones though. I’d wear them IF they didn’t sell a dumbed down version...

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Some solid takes here. Agree with the consistency issue and the spacing. Those are my only nitpicks.

tonyt8605 likes this.