1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Yeah they literally don’t meet again until season 8 and Jon never sees Ned and Cat stark again.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed watching it. The lengths they went to constructing the sets were pretty amazing. This has to easily be the most HBO has ever spent producing a film, a series, you name it. They went rather cheap the first season (avoiding showing battles, etc.), not knowing how it would go over, but then ramped up the production values, big time.

One of the things I got off to? The interviews with the extras. Damn, I would have loved to have been one of the soldiers or civilians in the background, if only for a minute. Some of them got significant screen time. The production crew were also interesting interviews. All in all, a very cool couple of hours.

mikol13 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, thought this was worth posting. This is for @Jontro.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I can tell if this belongs in the X men thread or in the pg-13 thread... Me likey.... [pause] Kinda....

Jontro likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not a huge X-Men (& women) fan, like I am Game of Thrones (or Star Trek or Star Wars or some other things I could mention). Mainly, I got off to her dress and her in it.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

need some fappening leaks of sansa getting hit from the back like in got. would be much better if she ate a bit and pawg it up a notch. fuuuuu fap fap fap fap

Deckard likes this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This worth a watch. I’d watch this version of season 8 if they made it, even knowing the outcome.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just saw this, and I love it! Thanks. It’s a great find that I likely would have missed, otherwise. That’s a far more satisfying ending. Having read the novels, it seems unlikely that Martin would have given everyone such a great completion to his story and the accompanying denouement, since he loves to f**k with his readers. Having said that, the ending given us on HBO is nothing like what I would expect from Martin, either, so there you are. No one is happy, except for J. R. R. Martin. He’s still writing two more novels, giving him plenty of years to make us wait for each one, while he dreams up new ways to screw with us, his fans. The end. ;-)

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’d like to tequila slap those little hershey kisses around.

Deckard likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They just destroyed what could have been.

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

There’s currently about 50 fan crafted endings that would’ve all been infinitely better than the garbage they put out there.

Sajan, Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

13. mikol13

Supporting Member

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've been listening to the soundtrack off and on, and watching episodes I particularly liked again. I'm down for the prequel. Not holding my breath as far as when Martin's next novel continuing A Song of Ice and Fire comes out, though. He's notoriously late, years late, with this series. Sounds like he has a bunch of distractions, as well. When the next novel comes out, if it ever does, I'll be thrilled. Meanwhile, bring on the prequel! Wonder who will be in the cast? HBO found an amazing number of actors who were relatively unknown, certainly in this country, that were outstanding. I'm hoping that they manage to pull it off again. The two guys responsible for Game of Thrones have moved on, though. I have mixed feelings about that.

K mf G and mikol13 like this.
  15. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect the next novel to happen for quite a while.

I’ve moved on from the disappointing ending of GOT. That series brought me a ton of joy and I’ll just remember that. I’ve watched the series several times and I will watch it again in the future.

I’m really looking forward to the prequels and think they’ll nail them. I’m not going to put any real expectations on the series, but I’m still sure it’ll be good.

don grahamleone and Deckard like this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/07/game-of-thrones-showrunners-netflix/

The Game of Thrones showrunners are going to Netflix.

The streaming service has signed an exclusive multi-year deal with Emmy winners David Benioff and Dan Weiss to create new shows and movies, EW has confirmed.

The deal comes after a months-long bidding war for the duo between HBO’s WarnerMedia, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney.

Many assumed Disney would have the inside track, as Benioff and Weiss are also working on a mysterious new Star Wars trilogy for that studio.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will be interesting to see what they can pull off when having to write original material, GoT was a clusterf*** once they left the books behind.

Sajan likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Time to switch to Hulu.

conquistador#11, Yung-T and Sajan like this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

I highly doubt people will give them a 2nd chance after ruining season 7 and 8 of GoT.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm a little surprised that HBO couldn't keep them, but HBO seem to have kept Martin and the Game of Thrones franchise. I have a feeling that they will make the most of that. With all the competition for viewers now, premium outlets like HBO really need original material. I can understand why Netflix likely opened the vault for them. I'm also interested in what the pair can do on their own.

They produced about six and a half seasons of outstanding entertainment with G of T episodes, and unlike some of you, I liked most of season 7 a lot, and a couple of the season 8 episodes were great, in my opinion. I'm thinking of the journey and battle north of the Wall, the battle at Winterfell, the Battle of the Bastards, the fight at the train of loot. All very well done, in my opinion. They didn't have an unlimited budget, but what they had was largely on the "screen." Can anyone tell that I really liked the battles? ;-) Not just the battles, of course. Some of the best parts were conversations between the characters. The talk during the trek north of the Wall, Arya and Sansa getting "reacquainted" with each other, Samwell Tarly's time in Oldtown, for example.