1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has the best Michelada?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

Maggi is basically some sort of weird soy sauce plus MSG flavor combo, and it's used all over the world but hasn't caught on much in the States for whatever reason. It definitely does help some stuff like soups and stews (which is all I've tried it on to be honest)

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dini...uce-you-should-know-about-20150810-story.html

Mix up a good tex/mex bbq rub and use that as the dry ingredients, soak overnight in a closed container in tomato juice and your favorite hot sauce (as needed, can also be added at the end with the lime) so they're not gritty. Combine with beer as needed.

I can't get over the smell of Clamato, in any beverage.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It's true. I'd say a lot of american people have no clue of what it is. I don't use Maggi, I use a brand called golden mountain. It tastes identical, cheaper and doesn't have msg. It can be found in any Asian grocer. I've also found that Maggi produced in Europe have a better flavor than ones produced elsewhere.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. likestohypeguy

They also have a hot version that is excellent, but doesn't come in the big bottles. I am a huge fan.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Another vote for Pastry Wars

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Pastry Wars michelada is lame. I use to like it when I had just started drinking micheladas, but now a days I realized that it's just waaaaay too spicy with not a ton of flavor.

I recommend San Marcos Refresqueria on Broadway, just outside the 610 loop. Cash only.

My favorite Michelada is from Matamoros, Mx from this seafood restaurant. Wish you guys could go there and taste. It's damn good.

6. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

All of y’all that like Captain Toms, Tampico seafood etc..

Louisiana hot sauce, fresh squeezed lime, salt, pepper or cayenne, plus or minus the maggi based on preference.