1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Uniforms for the rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

You knew they were going to mess this up. I know it's just a secondary logo but jeeze. It looks so terrible on merch. I have no hope for the new jerseys.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Hahaha @ this design. Does anyone understand less is more? Way too busy and that font does not bode well for the jerseys.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I also don't love the 80's nostalgia.

But I STRONGLY feel in today's day and age, there's LOTS of designers out there that can do a much better job than what we got and are getting.

4. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Fertitta thinks it’s flashy like a sports car. It’s actually flashy like the guy who works at the comic store who has to go to a wedding so he opts for the black dress shirt with the skinny red tie.

5. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Why is everybody freaking out about a secondary logo like it’s the new primary logo. It not the best, but it’s just gonna be used here and there. Hopefully the uni upgrades are good. Guessing it will just be the design of the black ones now in our primary white and red’s. Hopefully the new alternate will have some retro ketchup and mustard vibes.

6. rockets13champs

I can’t wait until we get the leaks

7. rockets13champs

ANYONE WITH PHOTOSHOP SKILLS CAN YALL MAKE A WHITE MOCK UP OF THE EARNED JERSEY

BHannes2BHonest and Huncho Bean like this.
  8. akxninja

akxninja Member

Based on everyone's negativity in this thread, maybe you might want to wait for the leaks...

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Guess this new secondary logo means the primary logo isn't going away. SMH

10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Having worked at Landry's, I can confirm Tilman loves black attire.
    Black shoes, black socks, black slacks, black undershirt, black button-up. Yeah.
    Anything not black for servers, bartenders or hosts is subject to a write-up.

#130 Von Rafer, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I've never heard it called the "dripping blood" logo. It's clearly a Rocket blasting off lol

12. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Can someone get on Kerbal Space Program and see if our logo is actually capable of blasting off into space? I suspect it would crash and burn.

macho GRANDE and NewRoxFan like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's a funny review of the logo. And note, 21st place. Though I suspect his review won't get any better adding the basketball to the background.

THE NBA LOGO RANKING PROJECT:
    #21 – HOUSTON ROCKETS

http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/2009/08/26/the-nba-logo-ranking-project-21-houston-rockets/

beard4life likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

That’s the new logo? Aww hell nah!! Our new major colors are black and red. Smh, that ketchup and mustard collecting dust in a tombstone...

Why can’t we have nice things? I don’t ask for much. Why can’t I get a rowdy TC and nice jerseys? Why?

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

all that background is going to look terrible on gear. that's one of the things i liked about not having a background, looks clean on gear.

tmoney1101 and tc0330 like this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

agreed, looks amateurish.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

agreed 100%

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

secondary logo biting too much of the raptors vibe .. with so many creative ways to take ROCKETS they bog it down with dark colors and bland energy. WACK!

19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

No idea why they keep trying to add that hideous gray to the color scheme. Those sleeve jerseys from 2 years ago are one of the nastiest things ive ever seen. Only second to the time @sirbaihu tried to dm me one of his selfies

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

will they be able to afford these new unis? Trying to force MDA out by firing his assistants doesn't seem to be working.