1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

You see those 3 ****ing stooges together up there talking.
    Mike was conveniently "out of town".

Yeah, one of you fat asses got loose lips. Thaddeus? Tilman? Daryl?

cheke64 likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yes, it's "smh obvious the team is in turmoil" because some people have tweeted that Morey is willing to listen to any offer. Like he is EVERY DAMN OFF-SEASON. As GM of an NBA team, your freakin' job description says that you explore possible personnel moves and evaluate them to see if they make your team better.

What else? We didn't extend our head coach because he wanted 3 years and we're still not sure he's the right guy to lock into for all of Harden's prime.

And we fired the defensive coach who wasn't sure he wanted to come back next year anyway, then we fired the coaches who worked under him.

SUCH TURMOIL!!!!!

Smacktle, Htown Legend, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  3. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Morey was stunned NO did not take the Rockets next two firsts (2027 and 2028) for AD.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yep. Starting to look like what I thought from the beginning.

This wasn’t us leaking anything. And our offseason plans were sensationalized to be a big shake up when it’s nothing new.

And of course the drama queens took that bait hook, line and sinker.

[​IMG]

topfive and cheke64 like this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They made it sound like EVERY player is available though. Usually it's everyone except the stars.

That's what seemed different this time.

BaselineFade, Stormy1234 and cheke64 like this.
  6. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Your last line is funny. Who you talking about btw?

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I like that they held an impromptu press availability minute and now we have people on this forum acting like everything is under control. I'm sure you believed Tilman when he said ducking the luxury tax was a coincidence too.

Little Bit and Mr. Clutch like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

jordnnnn likes this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s not what the reports are saying. The reports stated all players are made available by morey. That’s turmoil.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Everything else that happened in offseason only compounded the mistake.

The only question you need to answer is on day 1 of free agency if we lost Ariza would we be a worse team. If you are saying no, you are fooling yourself. No matter what else happened even if Melo worked out. Having Ariza on the team woulda helped us.

For me I didn’t see any scenario where not signing him was an option. If we traded for Kawhi I woulda signed. I we traded for Kawhi and Butler I still woulda signed him. Can never have too many assets or depth in your roster.

#611 RHU525, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Mr. Clutch likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) They want to keep their starting 5 unless they can get a star
    2) This is no different than any offseason here

13. cebu

cebu Member

Wtf! Fire the coach,

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

go back and refresh your memory on how many people hated ariza. quit kidding yourself there. only a handful of people wanted him back for a reasonable price. and wanted nothing to do with him once they saw 15 mil. people were ecstatic about the offseason. lets not act like the majority of this board didn't approve of all the acquisitions. ill never let that slide on how only a few hated the offseason.

and for me i referenced some old posts talking about his situation but actually acknowledging in hindsight on the previous page. those were from july 2018. yet a post on may 30, 2019 isn't in hindsight. makes sense

HP3 likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

The reports!

Turmoil!

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I was not one of the guys who hated Ariza clutch fans soo reactionary he played a bad game 7 and everyone called for his head. He was my favorite player on the team and what we asked of him was impossible. He played soo many minutes, how did he have legs to shoot if he was always guarding the best players and going 45 minutes a night. It was only a matter of time before he wore down with our short rotations. You can even go back and find my posts defending him.

Once again only people who don’t understand the salary cap even think 15 million is a lot. He would not have prevented us from making any other moves therefore he was basically 0 dollars towards the cap... we couldn’t replace him with anything else. 15 million only matters to our cheap owner.

17. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Give me a break. Raptors fire their coach and trade their best player after reaching ECF, yet the Rockets are in turmoil. They are just realizing THIS team isn’t going to get it done. Wouldn’t you rather make changes now as opposed to getting stuck 2-3 years down the road?

D-rock likes this.
  18. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

How do we know Harden hasn't privately asked for a trade?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Tell me why you would pay your backup 30% of the cap…. Basically that's what he is , a glorified backup - for when Harden is off the court.

He doesn't contribute his fullest unless Harden is sitting and last I looked , he's led the league in minutes last couple years.

You can find a suitable replacement for much less and improve the team elsewhere while doing it.

This guy is gonna average less than 30MPG and cost you 30% of the cap while 18 of those minutes are sub-optimal.

Sorry …. send him to Miami , Phx , Charlotte or La.

subtomic likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't read 31 pages, so who are we blaming in this thread? I've got my pitchfork.