1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gersson Rosas building another Rockets in Minnesota

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, May 28, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I agree they'll try, unfortunately I don't think anyone will take Wiggins for $25m+ of fillers let alone adding second rounders.

Why commit to a guy who has looked like he has no interest in putting together a professional season of basketball? The worst contracts in the NBA are Paul and Wall. Neither the Rockets nor the Wizards would make that swap. With Wiggins you get no production and no drive.

I guess I just changed my mind, Wiggins is the worst contract in the league now that I think about it a bit more.

Matt78777 likes this.
  2. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I agree, logic dictates that there should be no teams willing to trade for Wiggins and that contract. However, it's impossible to predict what incompetence and irrational factors may lead teams to do. No one could have predicted those Mozgov and Luol Deng contracts the Lakers signed, and yet it happened. The guy that made those signings is still a big decisionmaker in the league. Who knows...

Mathloom likes this.
  3. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Andrew Wiggins has even less desire than Melo.

Ben Simmons heading down this same path, by the way. Only a fool assumes Simmons is supermax in PHI.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

No way. Wall's contract is just as long as Wiggins, it's for $14-15M a year more, AND Wiggins hasn't just had multiple major leg injuries. For a guy who relies on explosiveness like Wall, those could ruin his game. His contract is clearly the worst in the NBA.

Paul's contract is better mostly because it ends one year earlier.

biff17 likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey: We were value shoppers this year. We signed no one new to the team.

hakeem94 likes this.