1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Chris Paul and Clint Capela for Gordon Hayward and Jaylen Brown....who hangs up first?

seeingred and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

No worries bro, i actually think it's not happening too, was just saying that on paper it's possible, but yeah...and just to be clear, i wouldn't dump Chris for cap space either (unless i'm 100% sure a top tier free agent is willing to sign here of course), but if you can get good picks/rookie scale contracts might be worth exploring imo.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has been significantly better all around than Anthony Davis, and truly the only chance the NBA has had of realistically taking out GSW the last two years.

Not only scoring, but tempo and game management, of which Davis brings ZERO to the table, which is why he struggles to even make the playoffs.

hakeem94, HP3 and Denovo like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

unless Butler is about to come here and be a star that we need next to Harden, get rid of CP0 now before he suffers some major injury or declines even more heavily and his value plummets from where it is right now and we end up officially stuck with him...I’m praying some team bails us out this summer

IvanLCPM, hakeem94, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  5. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

If you watch AD's games closely, he can't go hard at the end. He is not an elite athlete aerobically.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Homey the Clown

7. AB_KIAd_myCar

AB_KIAd_myCar Member

8. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Isn't Jaylen still on a relatively cheap rookie deal? If so, Boston hangs up.

9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Last week, wasn't this board FULL of people trashing Harden for disappearing in fourth quarters against GS???

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Define "total." Because to me, that means Harden's gone, and getting rid of Harden now would be idiocy. I don't see how they can get rid of Paul, absent John Wall coming here (ugh), or the LA LeBrons losing their minds.

OTOH, Capela and Gordon shouldn't be buying too many more mansions in the Houston area...

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

what team do you root for?

Coming out of the blue and pretending that you are the authoritative voice on all matters.

I wouldn't trade Harden for anyone in the NBA. I'll ride with him until he decides to hang it up.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's qualified for an extension this summer I believe. If Kyrie bolts, CP3 might be the better backcourt mate for Tatum. Horford can slide to the 4 spot with Clint on the roster. Re-sign Morris:

Capela
    Horford
    Morris
    Tatum
    Paul

You still have Marcus Smart on the bench too.

treyk3 likes this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Bold prediction. Paul and Mike D are both back next year.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Damn,I guess im one of the only guys who gets attached to players haha. Cause of all these talks just sucks to me. I dont think I could have more resentment for the Warriors than I do right now.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ask for an asset in addition to Lebron, then make that trade.

Lebron plus... Hart or Luzma (ideally)

CP3
    EG
    Lebron
    Tucker
    Capela

Sorry... but that’s better than the rockets have been.

Or do a second package involving anyone not named Lebron and CP3 for AD

16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Once upon a time I was a Sonics fan. Then Clay Bennett happened. Can't root for OKC so don't really have a dog in the fight but still watch a lot of basketball. Came here out of curiosity as to what HOU was likely to do.

Not sure what you mean about pretending to be an authoritative voice. Plenty of people here state strong opinions. (shrug)

And sure, fan loyalty to your star is great (I still sentimentally root for KD a little after his brief time in SEA). But I don't think Morey thinks like that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. izeroi

izeroi Member

Out of all scenarios, this is the one I'm most expecting to happen.

hakeem94, jordnnnn and steddinotayto like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not so bold if you know that all Morey’s big moves came when nobody expected it to happen.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

Sooo basically the same roster minus Harden for Bron makes us that much better? Why yes, yes it does! That’s a legit team with a real leader that can run and function as a team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. txn

txn Member

I got a feeling, the only addition we will make by Oct is

[​IMG]

Isnt Morey "Aggressive" in all deal every single season? :D

hakeem94 and RichieBanks like this.