1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul is actually tradable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bevo202, May 12, 2019.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We just wait our turn and Tillman go into luxury tax.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Injecting CP3 with roids is more possible than trading him. Expect him for a least 1 more season.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. remarrexxar

remarrexxar Member

There would be a reason for avoiding the tax every year.
    "It is not a good enough team to pay tax" But there is not a team good enough before paying tax these years.

4. biina

biina Member

Personally think it should be back to the drawing board, with everyone (including Harden) available to be traded.

Ideal championship roster would have at least 2.5 superstars and to be balanced want it spread across both front and back court.

My targets would be kyrie/kemba, davis/boogie and durant /kwahi/butler ( not sure if i missed anyone thats available and worth getting).

MLE can get another good player/ring chaser and the rest can be filled with trade pieces and vet min

5. OMGitsDanny

OMGitsDanny Member

AD for Harden? Smh.

No loyalty from fans. Digusting, really.

snowconeman22 and Gray_Jay like this.
  6. Rockets4Life13

To contend for 7th,8th,9th place every year? Great!

Elephant810 likes this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

He's not tradeable at all and he's not leaving, who are you going to replace him with? I do agree that our chance of winning a title with a guy like CP3 next to Harden are slim. CP3's too similar to Harden and actually not at all as they made him out to be, more to the likes of Kobe and some guy who demanded guys play hard and all that.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. Caprah

Caprah Member

Look Asian boy Lin troll at least put a coherent sentence together

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lol. I remember when CF bros were telling me that Ryan Anderson could be easily traded too. "Who wouldn't want a lights out stretch 4?" Uh... everyone.

amaru likes this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

He's not going anywhere. At least not for anything you'd want back. I mean, I bet Washington would probably listen to a Wall for CP3 and baubles trade.

But an effect not really mentioned in the thread so far is, 'what will James think about you moving CP3?' I thought, from people like Cod, that James and Chris were boys, that trading Chris might piss off Harden enough that he'd demand a trade too.

I mean, maybe you want to trade Harden. It'd be absolutely insane, and you'd be lucky to get 30 cents on the dollar of value, but if Fertitta gets that angry, I guess it's possible.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

For you to consider that option as a GM , I think you'd have to run it by Harden …. get his feelings on the situation. I'm almost sure that despite friendship , Harden understands that there are better fits next to him at the other starting guard spot - Primarily a strong defender that's also a great shooter. Harden is your defacto point even if he's listed as a SG , he handles the ball the vast majority of the time. You are looking for a Shooting Guard next to him rather than a point.

That's not to say I believe CP3 will be traded …. that contract is terrible , I don't know who would take it and give you any return.

Gray_Jay and slothy420 like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets are not going to trade Chris Paul.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I think we have to trade Cp3 this off season. Even with the leagues worst contract, he still has a little value to a contender. I don't think we would look too bad either (PR Wise) , we did give him THAT contract after all (160 million..............).

We have to build somewhat for the future and retool the roster with aim to compete in 2021-2022 rather than just next year. Harden still has 3-4 of ELITE play left and we need to have a roster that can compete during that time. As currently constructed, we cannot..

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

a CP0 trade would require heavy blackmail or an opposing GM being on heavy drugs, because no one in their right mind is touching that albatross contract

so if Morey has any of these GM’s nudes, evidence of them cheating, or recordings of them being racist, now is the time to use it

majicdonjuan and hakeem94 like this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

as does Chris Broussard, who has suggested that

Morey calling Philly for a CP3 / Ben Simmons swap​

16. JayAllJay

JayAllJay Member

don't trade CP3...too much heat on him. I hate to say "we would have won if...", but its not on CP3. Im not sure why Capela was starting in each game, but the numbers against him were very obvious. I never liked the Capela signing. Any athletic or running big can do what he does. he is a product of the team, not of himself.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As long as Harden is still here, and wanting to compete for a title, CP3 is more valuable here even at 70% of his peak self, then pretty much any other NBA team.

The next two years the Rockets will be keeping him knowing he's on the decline but banking on him dipping his toe in the fountain of youth at the exact right moment leading up to the playoffs. Its an unlikely gamble, but still the best shot they have.

I think where the front office probably feels like they failed in seeing though is them thinking that CP3 could transition into a spot up 3 point shooter like Kidd was his last 5 or so years in the league. Him still needing to play the way he plays offensively probably is a bit of a disappointment to them, and does shorten his life cycle of being useful to this team.

He's got two more years tops.... and after next season they can probably start to look at crafty ways of moving him even if it means losing a couple draft picks in the process.

JayAllJay likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, people are really talking about this with zero reasons to do it, he's not getting traded...unless he asks for it, shouldn't be hard to understand why.

JayAllJay likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No to Mark Jackson and his antics. Phil Jackson as head coach on a 2 year contract plus JVG as the top assistant.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We need youth, but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Tony Parker as his backup. Parker could go back to SAS too. I would also consider the rejuvenated Derrick Rose.