1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela. Will his soft play be a potential downfall during the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sluggo832004, Mar 10, 2018.

?

Will Capelas soft play be a downfall in the playoffs?

1. Capela isn't soft, you're soft for posting this.

27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Capela is soft but we have enough talent to win a championship anyway.

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Capela will go beast mode when the playoffs hit.

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Bring back Mad Max and Ron Artest and cut Joe johnson.

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. davee

davee Member

I think Capella/Nene combo is fine against the Warriors and Cavs

If anything, we should explore a small ball line up and have Ryan Anderson play the 5

He is a solid rebounder and can score in a plethora of ways

I like the team of

Anderson C
    Ariza PF
    Green SF
    Harden SG
    Paul PG

Everyone can bomb the 3 and will be impossible to guard!!!!

cerophilik likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

we will be fine. Warriors don't have enough tough big guys. Durant is their best shot blocker then McGee. but if they play him with Clint, Harden and or with Paul. He will get torched same thing with Zaza. Green is their best bet. Green seems to have trouble defending Capela and Ryan.

We match well against pretty much every team. Just Imo N.O. would probably be the toughest matchup in the West. If Davis is healthy, if they get Cousins back which I doubt and if we don't take advantage of the mismatches. Davis is a Handful for Capela, he is very talented and long and strong. and their per was giving us a lot of problems last two games we played them.
    Capela doesn't play great against KA Towns but the team can handle them and the clippers only before they traded Griffin, now they don't.

Another team but in the West is Toronto as we saw, so if if in case we face them we gotta get ready. Capela got to go strong and we gotta be more focus. But any other day we would have won. everything went wrong yet we were right there almost had that game we almost stole it.

Btw I forgot about that last play but I saw the replay in espy and that was clearly a foul on Harden attempted 3. I even went frame by frame. and I know they won't call it at the end of a close game but that was still a foul. Harden was hit on the arm on his follow through. Not when he landed but as he as he released the ball.

4. samerth.is.so.b.f.g.

exactly. clint has been exceptional throughout the season and i expect that to translate to some great games for him in the playoffs.

5. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

I don't notice Capela being out-hustled in the paint at all. What I do notice though his our darn coach hardly ever playing the guy.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

basketballholic likes this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Super soft. He needs his nuts to drop. Sick of his crap. He should have grown out of that already.

If we had DJ against the raps, we would have won lol... no seriously.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Saw it coming, it's an experience thing.......all your leaders are experienced guards.

He is not soft per se but I think if we play a SF at PF spot, there is no genuine PF enforcer with real length there to assist him.

I know PJ is doing okay-ish at times but this aint the answer.

But Ryno is soft at heart though.

I probably would have gone after a real PF instead of Joe Johnson. FWIW.

#28 daywalker02, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't call Capela soft in general, but he definitely does have moments where he gets soft at inopportune times. I don't think it's bad enough to the point where we lost games because of it though.

10. basketballholic

Good Lord.

LOL

#PaulPierced

11. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Member

Welp!! Looks like Capela is soft when it counts.

J.R. likes this.
  12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Nothing wrong with Capela. We just have an idiot coach that couldn't figure out that the Warriors were a terrible matchup for him, and the simple solution is to bench him.

The Warriors did that with Bogut all the time even in the earlier championship years.

If we trade Capela, we better get someone good in return. Capela was instrumental in some of our series wins (TWolves, Jazz twice) and we know he destroys Jokic so I'm reluctant to give him away.

topfive likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Whatabump

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

why couldn't he destroy Kevon Looney and freaking Jerebko?

what are they, superstars? and i don't want to hear about coaching. you don't tell Capela to go stuff yourself in the paint if he doesn't have faith in you to dominate the boards and man the defenses there.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Capela was completely shook. Everyone could see it. MDA could've played someone who was actually worth playing or watch Capela embarrass himself and he chose the latter.

s3ts likes this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

It's both, really. Capela should've rose to the occasion, and MDA should not use Capela if he sucks it up. This one really took 2 to tango and that's what makes this worse.