1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you regret the Cp3 trade now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets1897, May 11, 2019.

?

Do you wish Morey never pulled the trigger on Cp3?

1. Yes

122 vote(s)
    49.8%
  2. No

123 vote(s)
    50.2%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m talking about when Indiana had him on the trade block

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  2. MD_in_Training

That moment when you realize OKC has a brighter future than we do.

3. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

All this love for a bunch of guys who got blown out by a half-serious Warriors most of the time they played and choked worse than we did in their elimination game.

xaos likes this.
  4. Pringles

Pringles Member

Hindsight - but none of us was regretting the trade after last year's playoffs.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Hell no, we had 2 shots at a ring where we otherwise would’ve had 0. Sometimes you gotta go for broke

xaos likes this.
  6. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I don't regret the trade I regret resining CP3 for that amount of money

Why not? likes this.
  7. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

They were always gonna regret the Paul trade it was just a question of when.

BamBam and Omron like this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If he wasn't currently overpaid it wouldn't be so bad.

#29 Houstunna, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  10. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I regret reading this pointless thread.

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    No, I do not regret the CP3 trade. We've had the second best team in the league for the last two seasons and #1 has been one of the best teams of all time. Both playoff series against the Warriors could have easily gone the other way.

I do regret ISO ball and asking a Hall of Fame PG to stand around while Harden dribbles. We need a more dynamic offense - a D'Antoni 2004-2005 Phoenix Suns offense -- that utilizes our team's talents.

GOOD DAY

Why not? likes this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

welp we gave up stuff for CP3 as a short term swing for a championship... championship didnt happen... you'd assume he will continue to decline - as his paycheck continues to go up...

so hindsight being 20/20 - bad move...

we mightve been worse wo CP3 that first year... but that dont really matter at this point...

13. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

No.

But, the one thing that disappoints me about his game is how he's gone about not challenging Harden. It was only in this year's 1st round where we saw him call him out in the postgame interview. I was hoping CP would throw his weight around the organization - telling coach to have Harden move without the ball, or at least get on the freaking TV when he's got the ball. He needs to demand more not just from the refs but from the coach and his co-leader. Them taking off plays was a cop-out and put more wear and tear on them in the long-run.

I'm still on the fence on whether he himself believes in Morey ball. If he's not all-in on that philosophy, I want him to speak up to Morey and coach on how it affects their games in the playoffs.

Those who voted "Yes" to regretting the trade - I don't know what you'd rather have given the pieces we gave up to get him. As far as the contract being as high as it is, I'm thinking Morey and Tillman knew what they were signing up for and assumed the risks.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

great trade. re-signing him was the problem.

do the lakers have the cap space to absorb his contract? deliver him to the lakers and to be with lebron like he's wanted for so long. lonzo might be a no.1 draft pick bust but he'd be very good next to harden.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you regret the trade you are a stupid basketball fan. Paul lifted the potential of this team up another level. Keeping Bev, Trez would have done nothing except get us bounced out of the second round year after year.

astrosrule and YOLO like this.
  16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

17. jowman

jowman Member

Trade was ****. You can’t separare the extension from the trade since the trade hinged on him getting the max. Doesn’t make sense to split it now and then absolve morey for the extension saying it was promised.

18. jowman

jowman Member

Lol and with Paul we got past the 2nd round once and killed future flexibility. Would’ve made it farther this year with those players instead of Paul too with the way harden played in regular season and how those guys performed against the warriors.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

In hindsight, sure you can say we shouldn't have done it. But it brought us our best chance at a ring since I've been watching, by far. One hamstring away.

20. jowman

jowman Member

Let’s celebrate Paul everyone who hates on it is an idiot hater!! He got us to 6 games against warriors after all..:rolleyes: