1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can anything alleviate our pain to some degree?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aj-June, May 11, 2019.

1. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

I think season has finished for most of us and some of us would probably not watch the remaining playoffs. But could Bucks/Raptors beating Warriors make us feel somewhat less disgusted? I know different people have different mindsets and some may only be interested in what Houston does but I will feel slightly better if Warriors lose. But I don't want to get too fixated on that idea as Warriors may win the finals again and it will hurt even more when they do.

Any other ways to mitigate our pain?

2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Mary Jane is known to alleviate pain.

daywalker02, smp, dreamshakin and 2 others like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Just focus on beauty of life, it’s just basketball.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I finished a bottle of Buffalo Trace last night but it didn't work...

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Do what I do and read conspiracy rhetoric. Here’s one...

Knowing that Warriors faked Durant’s injury. All mind games. They knew we were a better team with Durant playing. Couldn’t necessarily NOT play him but he had to do a job.

RyanB likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Warriors winning the next two rounds very easily at least allows us to say we gave them the best fight. That’s something to hang your hat on, maybe.

But, yeah, hard to root for them in the next few rounds. I guess I’d be ambivalent about it.

RyanB likes this.
  8. NBA_fan_2018

NBA_fan_2018 Member

Remember: in the end, the NBA is entertainment. You're supposed to enjoy it, it's supposed to de-stress you.

Just let it go. The fun is over for this season, for the Rockets, now find something else fun to do until the season starts again.

523744, nwtx7263, CriscoKidd and 4 others like this.
  9. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

The expectations were too high. Klay and Steph had a bad series and the games were super close. They’re way more talented and after Durant went down they only needed one proper shooting performance and they delivered. Just too good you can’t stop that kind of shooting if you don’t have length.

Instead of keeping centres like Capela on huge contracts who can’t contribute at all maybe if we looked for that 3rd player who has length and shooting ability we might’ve beaten them.

Warriors even without KD have 4 players with high basketball IQ. Steph, Klay, Draymond and Iggy.

We have 2 only and cp3 declined so badly he only gave us only one good game in the playoffs. Gordon is streaky with 3s and he can’t pass at all. We gave them a good challenge but having only 2(one and a half) players that can make a play is just too much against this team.

We could’ve been swept if Klay and Steph showed up earlier. They shot career lows for series probably.

Morey needs to put Capela, EG and all picks we have on the market for another player who can take pressure off Harden. Cp3 could do it last year but the decline is obvious. And he can’t anymore.

One man shows don’t win championships especially not in this era.

RyanB and Aj-June like this.
  10. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

Yeah, I will probably watch an old classic like Lawrence of Arabia or something. I spent at least 250 hours of the season on Rockets and yet this disappointment. Anyway, no option than to move forward.

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Only time for me. I won’t get over this one for awhile. In my heart of hearts I don’t feel like we really had enough talent to win it all, but THIS series I feel we had enough. The team really let me down. I just wanted to see them at least beat GS. It makes me sick they didn’t give maximum effort.

I hope the warriors lose, I don’t care how it makes Houston look.

Aj-June likes this.
  12. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

No! This one's going to stick even longer than last years lost considering Durant was not playing. Couldn't even push it to a game seven at home. Huge disappointment to say the least.

RyanB and Aj-June like this.
  13. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Focus on more important things in life. Don't allow a disappointing rockets season keep you down, or you'd be down for most of your life. I'm just gonna purge myself from all things NBA, maybe catch some of the finals, but I could care less.

Aj-June likes this.
  14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

Shoot up heroin.

16. smp

smp Member

A few months ago I said this is about entertainment. When it isn’t entertaining, turn it off and do something that is.

These players are making millions entertaining us. You don’t see them crying and depressed after the game. They will just make millions more next year.

Some of us are taking it harder than the actual players. We should never care as much as them. Definitely not more than them.

So just remember that and give this the proper weight.

Bearded13 and Aj-June like this.
  17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Keep all the staters and Tilman pays tax for one all stars player

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Does it make you feel any better that rockets lost to a gs team that is on verge of another title and considered one of greatest teams of all time? Consider the reference point. No one can say. "Rockets suck" yeah they lost. Gs is better in a 7 game series.

Give credit to gs being damn good..

Harden is an all star and still will be. despite cp3 looking slower and capela disappearing i still think capela can improve and maybe gs is his kryptonite? Capela certainly plays better against everyone else.
    Cp3 is a concern and I think he needs to spend the offseason reinventing pieces of his game. I think a vet player like cp3 can do that. He might need to retire and not sure how salary plays into that. As long as we have harden we will always have a chance.

It took refs stealing game 1, harden eye poke, no homecourt, rivers out, get used to durant then momentum change for them pick me up with durant hurt. They didnt stomp the throat game 6 and something was off. It threw them off more than it should that they switched to the offense without durant ..rockets seemed confused. Its like they had fought all this time to beat a team WITH durant. In some way rockets struggled more against gs when durant wasnt there before. That offense gs plays passing it around has always torched the rockets. If anything iso durant was good for us.

We are fine. It sucks but we are fine. This is not the dark times like the steve franchise era or tough to stomach 'potential' due to injury plagued yao/mcgrady teams.

We aight. Its all good op

Aj-June likes this.
  19. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Same. Had one in every 3rd quarter of this series.

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

3 hours back to myself every other night and not waste time on NBA except Rockets. Do not care who is in the Finals, Donkey can score 100 points, don't care. I actually will watch Bestros