1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Much of Your Life Would You Forfeit for a Rockets Championship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketexastros, May 2, 2019.

?

How Much of You Life Would You Forfeit for a Rockets Championship?

1. None

82 vote(s)
    59.9%
  2. 1 day

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. 1 week

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. 1 month

7 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. 1 year

14 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. 1 decade

6 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. Kill me now

11 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

Well, it would depend on how long I am supposed to live. If am to die in just my 40s then I am not giving even a single day. But it wouldn't make any substantial difference to me if I live for 86 years and 307 days instead of 86 years and 314 days. If god Ahura Mazda or goddess Athena absolutely guarantees me a Rockets Championship then I am okay with giving up 7 days in my old old days.

Jayzers_100 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. sotelo1111

sotelo1111 Member

None... I’m getting to the point where I’m giving up on the nba....after 20 plus years of being a rockets fan can’t handle this anymore.

3. smp

smp Member

I agree. For them it’s a lifelong goal. I don’t doubt their desire to win for a second.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Prob a month, cause HOPEFULLY my last month of life I'll be so old the quality of life will be **** anyway.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun understand why fans should waste their lifespan when management and ownership can't come up with a better plan.

It's actually on them, they give up their lifespan first and then the players and coaches, and then it's the fans' turn.

If you have to pray to the Gods for a miracle then that means the Front Office failed.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets can buy a Trophy and buy Championship Rings for Harden and Paul.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who put "none" is lying or not a fan - let's break it down:

In any given year:
    1. Watch half the games in a season: 41 games X 2.5 hours / 24 hr in a day = 4 days
    2. Spend 20 min on Clutch fans everyday X 360 / 3600 min in a day = 2 day
    3. Spend 10 min a day watching hot takes, reading articles, etc = 1 day

That's one week a year. So if you've been a fan for 52 years, you'd have sacked a full year of your life for two championships - or 6 months per ring. If most of you have been fans for about 4 years, that's one month of your life surrendered. So yeah, anyone putting anything less than one month is either lying or not a fan.

rocketexastros and Jayzers_100 like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

It's a legitimate question for baby rocket fans without a championship, because scientifically, they will have a better, more content life, better marriage, and better health. For those with two titles already, it's a bad trade. We don't gain much.

9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

losing 1st 2 games, it is difficult. I hope refs can help Houston to win all the home court matches

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

after losing the chance to see a healthy Yao and Tmac advance in the playoffs by way of league manipulation.. Donaghy never reffed that series which means it came from the top and it appears they are still meddling, game 6/7, this series, hell even the 5 steps out of bounds play earlier in the season.. sure I missed a bunch in between. Haven't we already forfeited too much already? I love the Rockets but when to cut the rope and admit that the NBA bball is not a sport and just entertainment.

11. vick

vick Member

I am 68. So none.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd give up a lot of YALL's time on this Earth but me? I've got kids. They are more important to me than the Rockets.

13. rocketexastros

This is a legit breakdown!

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Psychologist handbook.

The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Kill me now. I've had a good run.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If rockets win this year I would be ok to go! I could die in peace at the Bunny Ranch and a Duffle bag full of goodies!

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The red god would be pleased...

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And we wait with buckets of fresh water.

19. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Lol , I'm glad many posted 'none'. For those that replied 'kill me now', I have a friend that's a psychotherapist. She's great at her job.

malakas and daywalker02 like this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I used to be so more emotionally invested in sports when I was younger. I couldn't sleep when Stockton hit that 3. Now not so much. I still watch all the games. It would be great if they won, but I won't be depressed for a week if they lose.