1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with society

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan2017, May 2, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't watch, but I just shake my head at this stuff. I start to feel so bad for Harden. Never in all my life of watching basketball have I seen the amount of hate thrown at a player from media and fans simply for playing basketball. Harden gets treated like he set an elementary school on fire. This is wild.

I'm so perplexed, I can't even get angry. I'm in a perpetual state of "wtf?" when I see/read/hear this stuff from people.

Right on the heals of a Tony Kornheiser saying he wanted to punch Harden in the teeth for doing a shimmy on national TV like it was nothing.

#21 DreamShook, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. Voltik

Voltik Member

With ZDOG, you hope he gets help. With these journalists spewing non sensical hatred with their position and influence, you hope something bad happens.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dude is hard working and incredibly smart. Some praise the latter, while others call it fake and deceptive.

What's interesting is that he's on the verge of the tipping point where that hate turns into worship if he wins big. The MVP is one confirmation. History is revisionist when people see what's possible, even with today's digital record.

Life lesson about the media and us being influenced by it.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  4. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

How does that hateful hack get the MVP voting rights? Most proably his subjective opinion regarding aesthetics turns into vote while the 'most valuable player' means something entirely different. I am fine with people not liking any style but it's saddening that baskeball experts industry is filled with so many unobjective people.

Emanuele Braghetti and Tfor3 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Broussard: I am a big fan of both Harden & Chris Paul. Chris Paul is one of the greatest PGs to ever play the game. Harden, I was voting for him for MVP when hardly anyone else was. In 2015, I voted for Harden.

As much as I like those guys, I hope they get swept because they are representing so much of what is wrong with society today.

Number one, they are too analytics heavy. We see it in baseball. It's too much analytics. All they want to do is shoot threes or paint shots. No mid-range. Where would the NBA be historically without the mid-range game? Some of the most beautiful parts of the NBA have been the mid-range game and to make matters worse, to add insult to injury Golden State puts on you, they use the mid-range game. The one team you can't beat uses mid-range. They're too analytics heavy. We saw it to the nth degree when Daryl Morey sent this overblown letter to the NBA of how the refs cost the Rockets a championship. Stop it.

Number two, too much of a sense of entitlement. That's where all this complaining comes from. You think the league owes you something? Like they think the world owes them something. The refs don't owe you anything. Stop jack knifing when you take a three pointer. Stop jumping to your right to draw contact. The league doesn't owe you a playoff victory. The league doesn't owe you bogus foul calls. Everyone gets punished from bad officiating. It's human error. There were calls missed on the Warriors, calls missed on the Rockets. It happens. Move past it. You're not entitled to anything.

Number three, we're in the era of fake news. Whatever channel I turn to, I'm not getting news, I'm getting propaganda. With all of the flopping, all of the offensive flopping - and the Houston Rockets do and they're great at it - that's fake news. That's the equivalent of fake news. I didn't really get fouled, I actually fouled him but I got the call. FAKE NEWS! I'm getting sick & tired of the Houston Rockets. I hope you get swept.

Rob Parker: As usual, Chris Broussard prisoner of the moment. "OMG, the house is burning down." This is what the Rockets have been doing forever. And Chris, stop it. The flopping, as if this is new & Houston started this. The flopping was so bad that the NBA put a rule in 2012. This is 2019. It's been done. This ain't new.

CB: It's a part of their game.

RB: Yes, I wish they would try to make shots & stop the complaining. You're over the top. This isn't new. The way they call the game isn't new. They want you to make baskets. They won't bail you out. I've been covering the league since 1987. I didn't see anything new the other night.

CB: Look at the facial expressions. Look at the flopping. "Oh, we're so offended! You said this about us!" Chris Paul running up to the ref & bumping him. Over what? Over what? They have offended so...it's gone way over the top. You know it. You agree.

RB: The complaining I don't like but I understand what they're trying to get called.

CB: Do they not go over the top with analytics?

RB: They've done well doing what they've done. They were this close a year ago. It's not like it's not working.

CB: They're rubbing me the wrong way to the point where I'm like "Sweep them boys." You agree.

RB: You're a prisoner of the moment. They're not the first. Why are you bothered now?

CB: Never said they were the first. They've gone way over the top. In 2012 they weren't too analytics heavy. My point about the flopping is they're always offended and are one of the first to flop offensively. Most flop defensively. I'm tired of it. Go out and play the game and stop complaining.

[Jason in North Carolina] Agree with you 100% Chris. When Harden takes that three, it could be a foul on him.

CB: That's what Draymond said. The last play, I'm so glad it was a non-call. He jack knifed. He kicked his feet out to draw contact. If they would have called a foul on Draymond for that, it would have been ridiculous. I'm not saying they're the first but they've taken it to the nth degree.

RB: Everything is magnified now. Leading up to every game, it's all rehashed. It seems like it's bigger than it really is. It's not any bigger than what we've seen in the past.

[Matt? Mack? in Illinois] I don't blame Houston for the complaining. They have a case except that last shot. Those other ones were. If it were the other way around, Golden State would have gotten those calls at home.

CB: You feel like. You don't know that. Is there proof? Rob is right, everyone complains. I do think the Rockets have taken it to a level that is unprecedented. The GM wrote a full letter to the league saying that the league cost them the championship. How many teams have done that?

RB: You're making a bigger stink than what's been going on. This is not new.

[Marty in Kentucky] I agree with Rob Parker. Rob agrees with Chris. I gotta put this on D'Antoni. Leadership at the top can't allow the players to whine & complain as much. You gotta show more of a winning attitude. I hope they get swept too.

[Antoine in Omaha] I have to agree with Rob. Everyone is trying to make it seem like Houston is the poster child for flopping & complaining.

CB: Do you think they should have called the foul on Draymond at the end?

[Antoine] Yeah.

CB: Harden kicked his legs out. He jack knifed. What about Chris Paul when he went at the ref?

[Antoine] You don't go after refs.

CB: He kicked his legs out. That's not your landing spot.

[Antoine] It wasn't that exaggerated.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Simple- we represent the ONLY serious threat to the warriors (when healthy and fairly officiated) The biased media machine and rigged league are sucking at the teat of that cash cow that is the west coast darling worriers

ryano2009 likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I guess "The Rich get Richer" is no longer part of what's wrong with society, now, as illustrated by Super Teams.

Couldn't just one person on that panel used that adage back at him?

8. farhen

farhen Member

I always hated Chris Broussard he's so bias and been hating on james harden for as long as I remember. Hope we turn things around and make him eat his ****

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The rich get richer and then the establishment helps the rich stay rich.

10. Handles

Handles Member

I didn’t listen but CB can go suck one. I’ll always say that when it comes to CB. I’d say it to his face too he wouldn’t do ****. He’s everything that’s wrong with media and he isn’t even good looking. Idk why he’s on tv.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought Chris Broussard did like Multiple A1 sauces?

Jontro likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He did say wrong with Society Today not just Bball.

Lulz @ Can I talk?

#32 daywalker02, May 2, 2019
  13. heypartner

Less we forget MoreyBall analytics has a financial component, there's a "people trying to avoid paying taxes" joke in there, too, that would have probably made Broussard's eyes scramble.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

NBA was always a super star league, otherwise it would be just a role player league like the European leagues.

Teams just took it to a whole new level, the culmination of it all.

The Complaining Part however, comes from not Winning it All, not Winning anything despite being so close.

And I also think Morey, Chris and Harden are easily offended. GSW is also complaining a lot so it's a draw.

#34 daywalker02, May 2, 2019
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wouldn't be surprised if the league office made some phone calls after morey's leak. obscure and deflect away from their series rigging

Richie_Rich, Nook, slothy420 and 2 others like this.
  16. heypartner

That's what's wrong with society!

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum, breh,
    I hope you dun wish Leo Messi get hit by bus. He is great.

WarEagleRockets and Jontro like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

These guys are so offended by data and analytics. It’s honestly quite sad. They act like the Rockets feel like they’re so much smarter than everyone else.

The Rockets are doing what they feel is best in order to win a title. Do they not find it odd that a team of Harden, aging CP3, and a bunch of role players is considered the biggest challenger to GS? The analytics is making up for the huge gap in talent level.

Broussard, have a seat, and EAD too. I’m so sick of these clowns.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

but apparently klopp thinks this was lfc's best away performance in the cl. maybe klopp needs a hit?

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Broussard is a front running air head who'll slobber over anyone whos the flavor of the month in the NBA. Harden and the Rockets are just easy targets so everyone is piling on right now.