1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are still in this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, May 1, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BandWagoners, Russian Bots, Trolls
    This is your stop . . . .
    time for you to get off the bus, gus

We got this
    and I will believe that until we don't

Rockets have yet to play Rocket Ball
    Bench was suppose to be a strength
    has not been

The first Quarter jitters put us in the hole

Next Game
    Rockets: 118
    GS: 106

Rocket River

2. Moleb

Moleb Member

You re right, we are practically always within striking distance. Well.... at least until Shumpert enters the game. Then things go down hill.

hakeem94, juanm34, CriscoKidd and 3 others like this.
  3. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I'm in RR. If there are more games to be played then we got a shot. Get it back 2-2 and roll the dice and see what transpires.Gotta play harder, smarter and bench has to come with it but ya gotta play the games out..

Patience, hakeem94, UTSA2step and 3 others like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's not over until one team wins 4 games. Anyone wanting to abandon hope and is eager to start the off-season prematurely please also tell @Clutch to delete your account before you log out for the last time.

No matter how dire or bleak it looks, you support this team until the end. That end could still very well be with a championship parade.

Patience, Hmc415, hakeem94 and 7 others like this.
  5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Sounds about right

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m down with the optimism. But hopefully we actually make some adjustments as opposed to relying on faith. Like getting medical attention when you need it instead of just relying on prayer. Do both!

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It's not a series til the home team loses. I just want to see more fight. If they push you , you push back. If they take out one of our guys, we take out two of theirs. Guerilla Warfare must be employed to defeat the tyrant.

hakeem94 and UTSA2step like this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

That's the thing I just don't get. Look this is the best series the Nba has got to offer with no LeBron.The series has already been mired with more controversy than last year. The NBA loves drama those big tv contracts that are allowing for these franchises to make more money than ever is at a high. This thing is just getting started. 3 days until the series comes to Houston we are going to get these guys.

hakeem94, UTSA2step and RayRay10 like this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Seriously, can you see the Rockets winning FOUR out of the next FIVE games?! Me neither. The Rockets are playing for pride at this point; they know it is over. I don't think a sweep is out of the question.

RichieBanks likes this.
  10. WarEagleRockets

House been playing like crap since he got his hair twisted, somebody needs to get on twitter and suggest he go back to his old hair style

SemisolidSnake and sammy like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It doesn't matter whether or not we see it; it matters whether or not that lockerroom believes they can.

Does it sound a bit too poetic? Sure, but it's the truth.

Patience and Rocketeer4Life like this.
  12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We win our 2 on our court and this thing is right back to where it started. Let's go!!!!!!!

seemoreroyals likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

I said this after game 2 all the Warriors was hold serve.Now game 3 might be the important game of Hardens career as Rocket because he needs to do whatever it takes to get us the win. If we go down 3-0 then it’s curtains but if we win game 3 and 4 I like our chances to steal a road win in game 5

Patience, hakeem94 and seemoreroyals like this.
  14. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

I still have faith in our team's ability. I think we win all our home games.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

games 3 and 4 are must-win...get those dubs and maybe GS starts feeling some pressure heading into game 5

this is why the game 1 travesty was such a big deal...Rockets should be heading home 1-1

16. Fantasma Negro

They need to get physical with these guys, that's how they almost beat them last year, that's how the Clippers took it to em. These teams are very evenly matched as crazy as that sounds so the games are going to be close but the rockets are getting punked mentally right now and they need to come out with intense tenacity.

GS took care of home court now we gotta do the same

Fixed

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You think James Harden is playing for pride?? You think Chris Paul is just going through motions?? You think PJ Tucker is just gonna lollygag?? If we take Game 3, we're in the exact same position we were in last year. Who gives a **** about 4 out of 5..... you win ONE at a time. What's the point of being so pessimistic in this situation?? The odds are already against us. You might as well sack up, find your nuts, and ride.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

hold serve at home which is what the rockets are supposed to do and it becomes a new series again. obviously its going to be tough but if the rockets are as good as they want to be, they'll go back to oracle tied up

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree. Let's win the next two and make it interesting.

20. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I believe there's still hope. It's not like the Rockets were routed senseless in each game by huge margins. They just need to get it together. Ball is round, and anything can happen.