1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We will NEVER beat this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RichieBanks, Apr 30, 2019.

1. smp

smp Member

Hahaha. Thank you. I needed something to laugh about!!!!

2. smp

smp Member

Maybe Tilman believes no team can beat GS so it’s not worth spending into the luxury tax. Who knows what he really thinks.

3. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

MDA spent the 2000s losing to Pop and now is spending the next decade losing to Kerr. GSW are playing the same defensive scheme as game one. They double harden/cp3/gordon. And when we make a pass to anyone in the corner (and that person doesn't shoot) they trap them or drive them baseline. There no adjustments at all.

Oh and how many times are we going to allow them to cut or make a lob pass? They've clearly stopped our lob passes to Capela. It's not impossible to stop theirs, its the same thing every time. Hopefully these next three days off can give us time to actually watch tape and ADJUST. Smh.

4. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Our rebounding is so pathetic my god

FartWaffles likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Last year was the year.

I guess hope Durant leaves?

RichieBanks likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Shame our window closes before the Warriors disband. CP3 is only gonna get older. We still remain the closest team to come close to beating the Warriors dynasty since they got KD. I don't imagine any other team will ever take them to 7 again.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Game 1 was our game to win in GS. The warriors were at their most vulnerable. The refs ****ed us. I expected them to win game 2.

We’ve played them close enough for me to think we’ll get another shot on their floor. We have to take care of business at home though.

8. Aware

Aware Member

probably.

this looks like a 5 game series.
    just unfortunate the way things played out last season.

smp likes this.
  9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

almost baffling that theres seemingly an army of morons who still support him

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this 100%. this is also why the lopsided calls make a difference. GS is the more talented team period. the rockets have a chance but their margin of error is very slim, so we just cant afford to have that go against us too. tonight they outplayed us. too many turnovers and offensive rebounds in the first half.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sad but true

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 is no longer a star...he’s clearly worse than last year...most of his absolute best games this year were equivalent to an above average game for last year’s CP3, and they didn’t happen all that frequently

now it’s back to Harden and a bunch of role players going up against multiple stars

our margin for error is incredibly small against them...last year’s game 4 was a miracle win, we easily could’ve been down 3-1, and game 5 was anyone’s to win until the final seconds...now we don’t have HCA, and a worse CP3, so our chances are even smaller than last year...I never bought this “HCA doesn’t matter against GS, we’ve proven we can win on their floor” talk...it absolutely matters when the margin for error is as small as it is

I said Rockets in 6, but that was my heart speaking and me being hopeful

Rockets must win both games at home, and then we’ll see what happens from there

rockets11206 likes this.
  13. Badrose

Badrose Member

Beside our "beloved" Morey telling us that this team is specifically built to beat the Warriors, well, reality is different. We are basically playing with a very small / light team and no real SF, so basically Durant and Thompson can do whatever they want, whenever they want. Add the fact that the bench is ridicolous, yes, we will never beat the Warriors unless some miracle.

14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Getting into foul trouble did help in game 1.

Capaela needs the first five possessions, and rockets need to trap them on every point forward possession kinda how clippers did with Beverly in Durant.

In the off-season rockets need to do whatever to get a trade involving timofey mozgov, fundamentally sound, strong big.

They might have to move Gordon and settle with a player like Nick young or oj mayo. Anybody from California will work for us.

15. JazzLakerHater

The same can be said for the other 28 teams. Durant joining this team essentially ended the competitive balance of the league. I sure hope to god Durant leaves, that is the only way we’ll ever win a title.

16. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Time for me to go cry my shorts

17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Finally someone gets it.

18. Dash

Dash Member

Our only hope is KD leaving next year

19. igotwhipscollectingdust

The Warriors won the series when they won game 1.

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

You have to know that,

if you are wrong, it is not what it is.

SMH