1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets audited 18 Game 7. Says finals bid was taken.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Apr 29, 2019.

1. RyanB

RyanB Member

exactly what i fear and think

Sajan, vci_guy2003 and cml750 like this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I for one do think the NBA is rigged!! The refs can spot a 1/2 of a centimeter outside the line from a corner 3 but can’t see Durant 3 feet getting outside the line going after a loose ball! The refs have no accountability because the NBA management (mainly Silver) are corrupt!!

There is no excuse for correcting a pretty obvious foul/missed call because everything is on tape! If they really want the better team or at least the team that played better to win they have the tools to do so, BUTTTTT that would go totally against their agenda, that is to funnel the games outcome to the team of THEIR choosing!!!

Follow da monies, and you’ll find da truth!!

“Oh what a wicked web we weave, when we attempt to deceive”!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WWNBA

Rocket River

hakeem94 and luckyman76 like this.
  4. jcf

jcf Member

Why not? If the Rockets do nothing, they will get screwed. Lay it all out there. Force the fans to watch for it. It is now a discussion piece. Given our collective limited attention span, we have about a week, maybe two to push it. I say go all in. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.....

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. jcf

jcf Member

This. Over and over. This.

diehardrockets and Deckard like this.
  6. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

The same lean-forward defense was called a foul on the Raptors against Jimmy Butler.

Travesty.

#66 yixiixiy, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    hakeem94, BigMaloe, Game7 and 2 others like this.
  7. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

That should be a gif and a clip

8. SORF

SORF Member

What a damnable liar Kerr is.
    He harasses our players while they are on the floor, he lies to the media , and now he shades Harden. He is FAR from funny, he is obnoxious.
    Kerr, go to hell.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sorry, to my Clutchfans friends that are offended by my words. But it is how I feel about Kerr.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I estimated 19 just based off of missed calls

Someone else said 22

It doesn’t matter. We need to realize this is their handicap if we want to win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I think this way as well...but in an absolute sense, isn't that still 'fixed'? I dunno.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

In Cricket during there were a lot of bad umpiring during the 1970s example. Imran Khan of Pakistan, declared that Umpiring should be unbiased towards teams, no home team favorite. I feel Cricket Umpires are the best, now they 2 on the field, 1 in the Replay review room, the umpire in the review makes accurate calls and the umpire on the field changes the bad call right there.

The NBA referees are the worse by far, too much corruption from what I can tell. MLB has corrupt Umpires still Angel Hernandez, Joe West many others, NFL has made so many bad calls too.

12. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

The NBA appears to be trying its best to follow in the footsteps of the mainstream news media, looking more and more like a rigged and agenda-driven enterprise than a professional sports league.

13. bevo202

bevo202 Member

His shooting percentages haven’t great most of the playoffs so far, he needs to play much better. This will just make the officials and league dislike him even more and won’t get the calls changed.

14. pippsux

pippsux Member

I actual respect Morey and co doing this. Game 7 will live in my memory for a long time similar to how the Kings were jobbed in a similar way just to preserve the Laker dynasty. So **** it, whatever it takes!

hakeem94, Handles and jcf like this.
  15. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Seriously....what coach goes into a press conference and mocks another team's player? What kind of douchebag does that????

I honestly can't think of a single example of a coach ever doing that. What a pompous ass.

BigMaloe, clutchdabear, Game7 and 5 others like this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

According to Bill Worrell - "Zach Zarba is the Best Official in the League"

Every Referee has a price, just bribe them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The league doesn't agree with the Rockets. Now, if the Rockets show the rest of the teams what they do and a vast majority of them buy in, what is the league going to do? Complicated or not, sharing exactly how they do it is a start. Other teams can also tune it and improve upon it, and hopefully share it back.

I don't know exactly what they are doing, but here are a few potential issues...
    - Why do you assign points to possibly wrong calls, but not conclusive after review? If it's not conclusive, it should be left as no impact. Or do you weight this somehow, if for example, most of the possibly wrong calls and not conclusive affect one team more than the other.
    - If you start to take away points because a wrong call was missed, then how far do you go? Foul wasn't called resulted in a turnover and a score on the other end. Taking away that score could have a chain reaction in some cases.
    - How do you consider a missed foul call (either way, meaning a foul wasn't one, or a foul wasn't called) that may likely impact a player playing time? He got his 5th foul and have to sit out half the 3rd quarter. Or he didn't get his 4th and 5th foul and was able to play his regular time.

And so on.

To me, this can be a start, but the real solution is a system where mistakes can be corrected on the fly, in the moment, and each team get a chance to request a review that is done by the league in a transparent way. The shear # of missed or possibly missed calls need to be corrected in some way, and a coach challenge could be one of the way. Of course, if there were 81 potentially missed call in one game, that game may take 10 hours to finish lol. Need AI to assists and improve officiating.

FranchiseBlade and Kim like this.
  18. atam

atam Member

This is so dumb, it feels like putting the ball in the basket has become a lost art. We look like whining buffoons after the audit was released.

tierre_brown likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You make good points. I'm fine with the league disagreeing with how many points their bad calls cost our team. That seems to be what the league is arguing.

So the league can argue about how many points, but they should still realize that the officiating was bad and favored one team more than the other. Disagreeing about how many points the bad and biased officiating cost the Rockets doesn't deny that there was bad and biased officiating. That's where their attention should be focused.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I mostly disagree with your opinion. If somebody is messing with you, you definitely have to stand up and speak up for yourself. Otherwise, things will remain as they are. You can't think about possible future repercussions from your actions, at least in respect to NBA games. The time to speak up is NOW. Let them know that you are into their shenanigans.

hakeem94 and jcf like this.