1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Contact the league about the officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Apr 28, 2019.

1. smokieethabear

THIS WAS THEIR RESPONSE, SUCH AUTOMATED BS!!!

Dear S******,

Thanks for contacting us about the officiating during Sunday’s Rockets-Warriors game. The NBA has a covenant with its fans: the foundation of this sport is the promise that nothing other than the skill and performance of the players on the court will determine a game’s outcome.

To preserve the trust of our fans, we make every effort to ensure that league processes and procedures are as thorough and transparent as possible. Our players, coaches and staff conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards of honesty, truthfulness, ethics and fair dealing to preserve the integrity of the game both on and off the court.

You can find more information about the league’s commitment to transparency in its officiating program at www.NBA.com/official.

Thanks again for writing us and sharing your views.

Sincerely,

Bill

NBA Fan Relations

jcf likes this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You crack me up Zboy!!

3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I've said this before, but why bother contacting the league office if they are the problem? If you believe the show to be orchestrated, the feds are the ones you need to contact. They need to look into the validity of the league, and there is plenty within their wheelhouse to look at, not just from a sports betting standpoint and aside from the leagues history with fixing games.

Can everyone bring Donaghy posters to game 3? Maybe posters w Silver behind bars?

bj3175 likes this.
  4. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

lmao @ people actually thinking a 'contact' form on NBA's website and taking the time to contact them will make a difference...

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. It's probably a robot that replied to you.

astros99 likes this.
  6. jcf

jcf Member

That is so weird. Because here is what I received:

Dear ,

Thanks for contacting us about the officiating during Sunday’s Rockets-Warriors game. The NBA has a covenant with its fans: the foundation of this sport is the promise that nothing other than the skill and performance of the players on the court will determine a game’s outcome.

To preserve the trust of our fans, we make every effort to ensure that league processes and procedures are as thorough and transparent as possible. Our players, coaches and staff conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards of honesty, truthfulness, ethics and fair dealing to preserve the integrity of the game both on and off the court.

You can find more information about the league’s commitment to transparency in its officiating program at www.NBA.com/official.

Sincerely,

Bill

NBA Fan Relations

It's almost like an automated response.....

7. SemisolidSnake

I'd rather Tilman and Morey hire an army of P.I.s and start looking into the personal lives of all of these refs. Let's just call that the behind-the-scenes aspect of pressing the issue.

8. gotsis

gotsis Member

sent this message. Certainly will get the automated response and it won't make a difference, but whatever haha.

As an international fan that has fallen in love with the NBA and has watched vividly the last 12 seasons, I'm appalled by the lack of transparency and accountability in the way the sport is officiated.

For example, how come this was never investigated:

The records show Donaghy placed 134 calls to referee Scott Foster — more than the 126 calls Donaghy made to his bookie — between October 2006 and April 2007, the period during which he has confessed to either betting on games or passing on game information to gamblers. The majority of the phone calls lasted no more than two minutes and occurred prior to and after games Donaghy officiated and on which he admits wagering.

Wish Adam Silver would make more of effort to protect the integrity of the sport so many people love.

Easy and hieuytran like this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Thats like asking Darth vader to hand his lightsaber over to you and then ask him to run away nicely. Never going to happen

10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

why NBA gives those bias refs to Houston important matchup? Does NBA want to give champion to warriors? It is unfair.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U guys its working they heard your complaints and decided to sent Foster As A Big Ass FK U!

This game isnt going to end well.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I did it. Hopefully they're listening.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Despite my statement here, I DID hit the link and threw down that they would be losing my business and word of mouth goodwill if this **** kept going...then they countered with Foster.

-shrug- I've accepted it all. Life is good, eses.

Edit - they emailed me back with some canned BS response:

Dear Xerobull,

**** you,

Bill

NBA Fan Relations​

(Ok, he said 'Sincerely' but I liked the FU better)

#53 Xerobull, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Interesting that it isn't a total cut and paste job on the emails...

An excerpt from the one they sent me: