1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ton of disrespect to Kerr and The Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aj-June, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

Aside from my facetious copycat thread title, on a serious note the warriors have lost 2 of their 3 at home so far in the postseason. And we have won 3 of 3 at our home. Even during the regular season we won 2 of 2 on the road against GSW. I know Warriors are a great time but it is always a bad sign when teams are struggling at home. Great championship teams usually if not always play great at home. GSW has not done that and are vulnerable. We will likely be able to steal 1 from them so if we can maintain our perfect home record then we do have a good chance.

ramotadab and don grahamleone like this.
  2. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

will we even play the warriors?

3. Buck Turgidson

None of this "respect" crap matters. None of this "media" crap matters. Beat the team you play. Then beat them again, and again....stomp a mudhole in these jokers.

"Announce your presence with authority."

#3 Buck Turgidson, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Probably but let's hope it's after a triple-overtime game 7 against the Clippers in which Curry/Klay/KD all play 50 minutes

ramotadab likes this.
  5. msn

msn Member

All this time I thought GSW stood for "gunshot wound."

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I hope for us to beat them with class. May the best team win without the help of the refs.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's crazy is that Lou Williams and Harrell are scoring more pts per game combined than Paul and Harden, and at much higher percentages. Give the Clippers some credit.

ramotadab, daywalker02, AXG and 3 others like this.
  8. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

I agree with everything you wrote. That said thread title was disingenuous. The main point is that the Warriors are not playing liike true championship quality teams do. Instead of breaking the hearts of opposition fans with massive 3rd quarter comebacks, they are getting embarrassed by 4th quarter letdowns. On the contrary, we are playing a bit (not much) like a true championship caliber team in that we are somehow winning games that we should lose. We were atrocious in game 3 and game 5 and yet we won. Yeah, if Warriors win the next game comfortably against the Clips then they probably start with a fresh mindset against us but if Rockets beat them in either of the first two games then the Warriors will be under massive pressure and you might see them losing games against us that they would otherwise win.

Here's what one of the Warriors fans wrote to me in another forum when I asked him what do you think about Rockets-Warriors series:

"I'm not assuming the Ws get past the Clippers. They could be the Crapitals of the NBA this year. Zero defense. Bogut was no help last night. Series would be over with Boogie."

ramotadab likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Give the Jazz some credit too?

10. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Imagine how beautiful it would be if warriors get beat and then KD leaves.

ramotadab and jch1911 like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

No offense at all, but I just don't care what the other team, or the mediots, have to say at all. This is the chance to shut them up for good.

The Rockets need to win the next series, and start acting like the best team, with the best player, in basketball.

msn and Rocket River like this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Warriors defense is terrible, I think that's why they are scoring more. The Jazz have more defensive players in their rotation, Crowder, O'Neal, Joe Ingles, Rudy Gobert a shot blocker are younger, healthier.

Iguodala is old, can't shoot the 3, Draymond toe injury is lingering, and can't shoot the 3 or is that athletic. Curry ankle injury could linger, plus his defense is terrible, Bogut can't play small ball, is old and can't move laterally or shot block. Demarcus Cousins is out for the playoffs. This Warriors team has more Question Marks than the last 5 years.

The Clippers are showing the Warriors weakness, which is attack the paint more, the Centers are weak.
    Clint Capela is really angry at the Warriors, in the post game, after eliminating the Jazz, he WILL DOMINATE, put up some Monster Numbers.
    Kenneth Faried must get minutes and step up, along with Nene.

13. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

In any case, I want our guys to stay humble and focused. No underestimating the Clips even if they make history and knock the Worriers out in the 1st round.

rocks123 and Aj-June like this.
  14. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

Lou is one of the best players in drawing fouls. Probably second most skillfull in the whole league. He was seriously good in both their victories. Obviously, they are being guided by a very good coach but they seem to be a team not dependent on any one player. They put a lot of effort (Bev with 14 rebounds for example) and some players who do not contribute a lot with scoring are brilliant on the defensive end (Temple was awesome today on the defensive end).

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly! This gives us hope. I mean we know Paul and Harden are capable of putting up bigger numbers than Lou and Trez.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They had Toby Harris and traded him for tons of depth, would have still liked him on the team.

17. Buck Turgidson

Tobias Harris ain't walking through that door.

18. Buck Turgidson

I hadn't paid much attention to him since last year in the playoffs, but Gobert is the best defensive player in the NBA, and he totally shut off the P/R and the rim and made *us* falter a bit and change our game. I was shocked how dominant he was.

Rudy goin' home now. It's on.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

Example: Lillard vs OKC this year