1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will House be better than Ariza was in playoffs this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Apr 19, 2019.

?

Who was/will be better in playoffs?

1. Ariza is better defensively, can guard every position

49 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. House is a better shooter by a big margin.

56 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. This thread is too early.

46 vote(s)
    30.5%
  1. BigBum

BigBum Member

House 24 minutes a game
    6 pts
    4 rebs
    0.3 asts

PER 4.23

If reducing to 16 minutes, he has no impact to the game.

Rivers 20 minutes a game
    Faried 12
    Green 12

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, tbf i can still understand leaving House out there cause he was not horrible like Clint (this is really what i can't understand), played a bad game mostly cause he couldn't score so, maybe you leave him in and hope he gets his rhythm, but we were up 3-0 with a chance to close this, after the 3rd i think he should've tried Shumpert cause House was just not working, he did the same with Gerald in the previous games, played like trash in the first half and got benched for Shumpert, Shumpert didn't look good for us in the regular season, definitely worst than House, i'm the first one to say this, but he's a guy with much more experience, he played in the finals a couple of times, won a championship...

JDMDC2 and D-rock like this.
  3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

House said he was betting on himself by not taking longer deal for less in Houston. He hasn't been great so far in the postseason but I still believe in him. Here's hoping he plays his ass off for that contract the rest of the playoffs.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this thread didnt age well

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

hes playing not to mess up. he needs to take it to the basket instead of just deferring.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His problem in this series so far isn't lack of effort. He needs to make shots. He is shooting 5-24 from 3. That's not going to cut it. Shooting is a tricky thing. Sometimes the more conscious you want to make a shot, the harder it is to make it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. benvolio007

benvolio007 Member

yep, hindsight is 20-20 but so far it's not close.

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Please. Please please please. DO NOT SHOOT THE STEP BACK JUMPER.

Why oh WHY must he take 10 seconds to decide what to do, fake a drive, and attempt the hardest shot in basketball?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I really hope D’Antoni is smart enough to trust, by far his best bench player.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You mean play "Luxury Tax Savings"? …. That guy sux. He'd easily double that 0-27.

D-rock likes this.
  11. NewAge

NewAge Member

The Clippers game is a good example of why Ariza's D on KD does not buy you anything: 45 points and a L.
    Now, House is having predictable struggles... But if we find a way to replace Ariza's minutes from last year with quality minutes from a combination of Capela, Austin Rivers, and House, I think we'll be a better team against GSW this year... By "quality" I mean for these players to perform consistently at 85-90% of their top-level game that they have shown throughout the year. That's still an "IF", though...

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ariza v Utah in playoffs 2018
    MPG: 30.2
    PPG: 6.4
    RPG: 4.0
    APG: 0.6
    +/-: +12.0
    House v Utah in playoffs 2019
    MPG: 22.8
    PPG: 6.2
    RPG: 3.8
    APG: 0.2
    +/-: +1.2

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

not even close. he isn't even in the same conversation right now as moute when he was hurt

BaselineFade and Vivi like this.
  14. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

The issue comes down to physicality on defense and little things on defense like ball denial, fronting , not giving enough space etc. to make it harder for Durant to catch the ball and make him uncomfortable that makes all the difference. When PJ tucker is guarding, he does these little things extremely well. However when House and other players guard Durant, they dont do this and then it is automatic for Durant.

#114 csnerd84, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we've really missed ariza the first 2 games of this series. slowing down katie and getting boards. directing traffic on halfcourt D. outside of game 7 he was typically good for some clutch shots as well

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The thing is...House was mostly good at defense this season. He could knock down 3's. In theory...he was the guy we were looking for. Just hasn't panned out. Given the price, I still think not bringing back Ariza made sense.

I still believe in House long term. Feel bad for him though, because he has cost himself some money with this postseason.

17. Caprah

Caprah Member

Series is not over house has plenty of time to redeem himself

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya i'm not saying we should have brought ariza back, just that we miss him in this series -- mainly because management failed to get an adequate replacement. house has no playoff experience and isn't ready for this show. but again, if management hadn't fuked around for 2 months w/ house we'd probably been the #1 seed anyways.

J Sizzle likes this.
  19. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

House looks lost. Oh and where is all the folks acting like he was so important to our title run? He is a bench player that has good and bad...and right now the dude is playing like crap. Hopefully he steps up back in Houston.

pauebtg likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. That is correct.

Missed opportunity. Maybe next year.