1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

‘The Rockets don’t make adjustments’ Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Klebsiella is not a virus.

Its a bacteria.

Which begs the question...

Why was he even on the floor????

He should have been resting in bed.

Now his recovery time might be extended.

snowconeman22, gatsby, JW86 and 4 others like this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I can’t stand the whiny fake fans...but we are damn lucky the series isn’t 2-2. These last 2 performances have been awful. No way around it.

Against worthy competition....I can’t even think about it. They shouldn’t be relying on “flipping a switch” for the worriers

HP3 likes this.
  3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I don't know which game you guys are watching. They went small more often this game in order to counteract the sagging defense of the Jazz. They got beat on the boards and the Utah role players stepped up, most notably Jae Crowder. Give Utah credit, they played well and avoided a sweep. The Rockets did try some adjustments which actually worked, we took the lead in the 3rd quarter. Mitchell showed that he's a good young player and played well in the 4th.

To say that the Rockets didn't adjust is just stupid and ignorant. Also, I'm seeing some dumb posts about MDA and Harden being "regular season players". We're up 3-1 with game 5 in Houston.

Hakeemtheking, bmelo and HP3 like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

correction, McHale was fired because he was a horrendous basketball coach

Tomstro and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

every championship comes with a bit of luck...contenders don’t play at an amazing level every game

Utah has an excellent defense...we got the split and now we can close them out in 5

I mean, we lost game 2 at home and were struggling against them in game 5 last year until CP3 came alive in the 4th...at the end of the day, it didn’t matter and we were 1 win away from the finals...my mindset is to just get this over with in game 5 and move on

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then why is Capela playing the whole game with two viruses?
    I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on Faried so Capela could recover.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

And leave the series with EVERYONE HEALTHY

Reeko likes this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don’t mind the losses. I agree that everyone is going to be off at some point, it’s the effort level I haven’t liked for these last 2. We will win in 5.

snowconeman22 and Reeko like this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Faried has looked pretty bad in his limited minutes, but yeah, he hasn’t been given much chance. If the alternative is the capela we got tonight though...while also lengthening capelas illness (rather than resting him) I think faried is the better choice there. But honestly I’d really like to see nene over both. I get that he’s old but he’s still a better rebounder and seems like he still has good energy for short spurts.

10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It's stupid to say Harden doesn't perform in the playoffs. He's averaging 28 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds in the playoffs so far.... against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. Is Harden at his best? No. But that's more the way Jazz are defending him. They're focusing solely on stopping Harden. The other role players have to step up and hit their wide open shots.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm guessing that they are not confident that Faried can play defense on the perimeter. I think they tried Faried early in the game but he didn't play well.

I am also frustrated with the loss. But I saw the team make adjustments this game, so I think it is unfair to say that "the Rockets don't make adjustments". Utah is the number 1 defense in the league and they showed it this game. I expect the Rockets to bounce back, especially the bench, in Houston.

BaselineFade and tinman like this.
  12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I agree. He's forced Utah to warp its defensive scheme specifically to contain him. I thought Utah played very well and performed as you'd expect the #1 defense in the league to perform. Houston will want to end this in game 5 but they'll have to show the same desperation as Utah.

13. 9baller

9baller Member

MDA: "James will figure it out next game. We'll be fine."

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

a viral and bacterial infection

that's bad

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why is tinman starting a hot take thread in the GARM? What if Clutch banned ESPN and other hot take posts in the GARM? :cool:

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You seriously giving the Bucks mega props for sweeping a Hobbled Blake Pistons team
    and make it compariable to the Jazz??

LOL

Rocket River

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IKR

Rocket River

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think you reaching so hard for your dessert that you missed the meat: we were a great team. And Robert Horry did knock my guy Steve Nash into the scoreboard. And Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw got up off the bench and I should have been paying attention and being a vet, and grabbed Amare -- maybe I'd have a ring to this day."

Those suspensions don't happen . . .they win that series
    just as surely as we win the series last year if CP3 did not get injured

Rocket River

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, he played because the team wanted to close out the Jazz and get some extra rest. You don't just concede Game 4 and sitting out Capela would've done that(the Rockets aren't very good this season without him).

As for D'Antoni, I do think he has his deficiencies as a head coach, particularly when it comes to making adjustments in the postseason. But folks, WE'RE UP 3 GAMES TO 1!!! We beat the Jazz in Games 1 and 2 at home by an average of 26 points. We've had one bad performance this series through 4 games and even in that one, we took a 3-point lead into the 4th quarter.

The Rockets will be fine. Capela with a couple days rest(including no practice today) will be healthier. The bench will play better. The Jazz will play worse(they were 21-20 on the road this season). And more importantly, the Rockets will be engaged from the opening tip with the mindset of closing this thing out. You could tell they were simply not mentally into it last night and seemed content with getting the split.

#79 count_dough-ku, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The idea that holding clint out is conceding is the problem
    I think NeNE, Fareid and Hartenstein should have gotten some run

Rocket River

snowconeman22 likes this.