1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela is still sick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Apr 22, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Confirmed
    Virus

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Did anybody else see the MDA interview after the game. Seems like he almost said he gave Capela the virus. Said he has "the virus" and stopped his sentence, thought for a few seconds, and then finished.

3. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Nene needs to see the court. We’re getting dominated inside and they’re completely taking Capela out if the game with their physicality. It didn’t help tonight that not one bench was able to put any points on the board with the exception Rivers who scored 5. Hell, Faried barely saw the court. What concerns me is that we barely won the last game. It could have gone either way had that last wipe open shot wasn’t missed by Mitchell. And here we are, stubbornly playing small ball with no one to rebound and guard inside. Sadly, I’m not expecting any adjustments for the next game

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Hartenstein legit would've outplayed Capela tonight

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Not really, remember last year's playoffs when he singlehandedly stopped the entire jazz team in the paint?

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

And so? If he’s unfit to play, don’t go out there being a liability. If you suit up you’re healthy enough to play. Otherwise sit out.

No excuses. And why is it Gobert and Favors can hit Freethrows but Capela can’t? He sucks...

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Who cares? I’ll admit I’m a “what have you done lately” fan. I care about how Capela helps the Rockets win a championship this year. He’s more a dud than not. I can’t defend him anymore. His liability as a freethrow shooter makes it worse....

8. JW86

JW86 Member

Can someone explain why in the world Capela even played one stinking minute out there?! W are up 3-0, facing the Warriors soon and have 2 bigs on the bench. I’m no basketball genius, but this in my observation is awful coaching. Even if Capela wants to play! MDA continues with that track record of just playing guys who should not be.

9. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

If he's sick enough to be playing that poorly, at this point I'd almost be more concerned with him getting other players sick. Clearly a nasty virus if it put Dan Tony in the hosptial