1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give Utah Credit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gotsis, Apr 23, 2019.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

They suck and I hate them, but they are a good team and outplayed us tonight.

Even GSW lost one vs a much worse Clippers team, it's hard to beat a good team 4 times in a row.

They are playing really physical defense and it's putting Harden off and Capela still seems sick. We as fans have to be less fickle, thinking the sky is falling because the Rockets haven't gone 82-0 in the season and swept everyone in the playoffs.

Having said that, I will only start getting worried if we drop game 5, for now, a 4 x 1 result would still be great.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Utah is awful lol. Maybe it's just road Rockets but if Houston comes out and looks the same in game 5, I'm still not worried about the series, but rather worried about the next.

3. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Honestly this loss doesn't bother me too much. It's unfortunate that our threes didn't fall during the 4th, but we know that's the occasional consequence of running this offense.

Although it was a little bit too late, I loved the intensity that CP3 played with to try to bring the Rockets back late in the game. To me, that shows that when we face Golden State he's capable of elevating his level of play. We're going to need that when we try to bring down arguably the most talented roster assembled.

Rest easy, ClutchFans. Have a good night, and we'll win the next game at home in front of our fans.

4. Mr. Space City

Nah, the biggest reason they even look decent is because they got outrageously bias officiating. It’s like giving Kylie Jenner props for being a millionaire because she was born by millionaires.

If they lost that game they really really sucked.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have never seen a team celebrate so much just to avoid getting swept. and in the postgame interview with tnt mitchell said they have 3 more games left. i weep for the future w/ snowflakes like this

snowconeman22, gotsis, LUK3 and 6 others like this.
  6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Utah deserves no credit, this is all about the Rox. Rox other than Paul played with no real urgency tonight. Hate them having that mentality.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wouldn't say all about the rox. the first half was mostly about brothers & fraher

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Paul is the only one that gets it because he knows an extra game is more wear and tear on his body. The biggest motivator for closing a series out in 4 should be that anything could happen next game...anything...

It was a bit disappointing to see the Rockets just kind of give up around 4 mins left down 10 or so. There was one point where CP3 got a loose ball...ran up the court all alone...then had it stolen because it was one on four and no one came to support him.

While I get it is human nature to go up 3-0 and go 'Eh, we'll get them at home...' it's just dangerous because Utah is going to come into game 5 thinking this should be 2-2 and they are going to come in there and play extremely desperate.

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I have to give the Jazz credit. That was the best defense I've vs the Rockets all year. They just flat out kicked our ass tonight.

For some odd reason I'm not even that upset about it. Hopefully Clint can recover fully from this virus before game 5. I'm pretty sure we will be fine.

gotsis and HP3 like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jazz suck.

slothy420, chadyang, gotsis and 4 others like this.
  11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

They are not a good team lol

Mr Chuck Norris and Tfor3 like this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Gobert has one of the longest wingspans in the history of the NBA. He is really troublesome, and Donovan Mitchell is really good.

Patience and durvasa like this.
  13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

They're a 50 win team in the West. Of course they're a good team.

Credit where credit is due. Good thread.

clutchdabear, dcfma, Deuce and 9 others like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Utah isn’t awful...the Rockets have made them look awful, but they’d have a chance at beating or being very competitive against any team in the West not named HOU or GS

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jazz would have been a good team if they had Jeremy Lin running their offense.

16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They're a very good home defensive team.... but that's pretty much it. I'd only take Gobert from that team. I'd happily swap him for Capela.

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

not really when you realize they had the same record last year

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

As soon as I read the 82-0 part of the OP, I said to myself I'd tag you, but then I saw your 'like' for the post. It made me chuckle after a bad 4th quarter. Thank you.

Another note, when Wubio hit that banked-in-three-pointer we all knew it was going to be a long night.

gotsis and Batman Jones like this.
  19. StevieCrossover

Karl malone and john stockton. The heart of the jazz still goes on.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Give 'em some ****ing credit. ;)