1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you do if...?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scarface281, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You checked your PO box, grabbed/signed for your mail, and left. Later you open one of those mailings you received and see $8k in cash in there without any notes. Do you go back to your PO box and say that even though this was addressed to your mailbox, that you weren't expecting to receive 8k in cash and that you don't know the sender who just left their name?

Asking for a friend.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Keep it. Give some to charity.

The postal workers aren't going to attempt returning it to the sender.

Scarface281 likes this.
  3. Scarface281

Also, what would you think if you typed the sender's address into Google Maps and the address doesn't exist?

Who sends that cash through mail anyway?

Very true!

tmoney1101 likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Hey it’s me the guy who sent that. Dm me for the return address. You can keep 20.

desihooper, Scarface281 and Houstunna like this.
  5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stating the obvious but people doing things on the up-and-up dont send giant unmarked stacks of cash through the post.

There is either a meth lab operator or a pay by mail assassin looking for you as we speak.

6. Scarface281

Lowkey they could be lmao. But it's not my fault the sender's address is a fake

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fuel for helicopter.

[​IMG]

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Youd be surprised at how strict the USPS is on postal workers. My postman shoots the breeze with me every now and again, and hes told me that in every distribution enter there is a separate entry to the attic with small view windows everywhere in the ceiling for the sole purpose of monitoring suspicious workers. They are very well know by employees, to set up traps and stings to get the workers on tape for stealing or opening up mail.

A maintenance guy lost his 85K job for $10 walmart gift cards.

9. Scarface281

I have a friend whose parents are retired postal workers and they said the same thing. They always had testers and ways to watch workers sort the mail. Also because the sender's address is fake and doesn't exist, the mail/cash would be given to whoever opens it within USPS once it's decided that they can't deliver it to anyone.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

OP, have you watched the movie No Country for Old Men? Your life may be about to get exciting.

Torn n Frayed likes this.