1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Hollins: James Harden should be the unanimous MVP over Giannis Antetokounmpo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 12, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

THIS. So much this.

Harden-for-MVP voter: Giannis had an MVP year, but Harden had a transcendent MVP year.

Giannis-for-MVP voter: Giannis had an MVP year, and Harden is a borderline cheater who's hard to watch, never plays defense, benefits from the system, is an ego-driven selfish ISO machine, hates puppies and kittens, and actually chopped off Ned Stark's head himself.

#61 topfive, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Tfor3, arubato and D-rock like this.
  2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Fun Fact: Giannis has never received a single vote for DPOY. Even guys like Robert Covington, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jaylen Brown, Jusuf Nurkic have been thrown a bone by at least one voter. Not Giannis.

But all of a sudden, one of his biggest arguments for MVP is that he's the best defender in the league. Okay.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Quit whining, ClutchFans.

The reason Curry, Westbrook and Nash won MVP while playing little or no defense is because they had great offensive seasons.

Harden, on the other hand, just drew a ton of free-throws with his flopping and Jedi mind-tricking the refs..

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hollins has backed Harden for a long while.

When speaking the Bucks this season vs last, their new coach rarely gets mentioned. I wouldn't expect Giannis fans to say anything, but I'm surprised Hollins didn't.

D-rock likes this.
  5. MystikArkitect

Remember the season Robinson won MVP?

Yeah no one does. They only remember Dream ending his career in the WCF.

Tfor3, Sajan and francis 4 prez like this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden played in larger market than Giannis!

I personally dislike bucks because they gave ojj mayo a bad rap!

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I thought Hollins showed great composure during that bit by McCain. His smirk at the end was almost a warning that he was about to beat that leprechaun down.

Same with the idiot to his right.

Akim523 and Houstunna like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To be fair if you look at stats like defensive fg% at the rim, AND outside, Giannis is pretty unique this year as very good at both. Not as good as Draymond was his DPOY year but really good.

Gobert is better at the rim but worse outside.

Myles Turner is really the best competitor imo and barely anyone talks about him.

ClutchCityReturns and D-rock like this.
  9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Looking at Giannis' block totals, then considering his height, length, and athleticism, he sucks at blocks.

arabrocket and D-rock like this.
  10. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

The "pale gargoyle" LMFAO is such a Mavs shill that I'm suprised he's not rep'n the stripy shirt and blonde tips. F'ing hate the douche.

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while i like the fact that nate and danny try to bring facts to arguments, watch tons of games, and like analytics, they couldn't be bigger warriors homers if they tried (and i think that's why they are anti-harden and anti-lebron). they worship at the altar of steph curry. they think he was the mvp over harden in 2015. they think he had a better finals than lebron in 2015 (the one where iggy won finals mvp and lebron averaged 36/13/9), which might almost be the most unanimously disagreed with opinion in sports the last 5 years. i can buy an argument curry should have been finals mvp overy iggy. better than lebron? basically impossible.

then the following year they had curry as the best player in the nba and lebron as 6th. that didn't work out well for them in the finals. i think they had lebron like 8th this year because apparently curry can take the regular season off and be 2nd but lebron can't (edit: forgot, danny said lebron's defensive impact numbers were great this year, but they didn't match the eye test so he was just going to ignore them).

they constantly have curry 1 or 2 in player rankings despite the fact he hasn't ever truly had a great playoff run. he beat a bunch of injured teams in '15, choked a 3-1 lead in '16, and has had kevin friggin' durant to be his best player for 3 years now. and yet danny actually said you can't consider that he hasn't been great in the playoffs or use "no finals mvp" against him because we should just consider curry the finals mvp for 2015 and give him credit for that or assume he was injured any time he didn't play well.

nate had klay on his 3rd team THIS SEASON b/c he just thought klay was a better player than the guys he was considering, even if he didn't have a better season this year. apparently the warriors had the 2nd and 3rd best players in the league, an all-nba 3rd teamer in klay, draymond green, steve kerr, and the guy nate called the best bench player in the league in iggy (even if he didn't pick him for 6th man) and yet won only 56 games. i guess the warriors no longer have to actually produce to win regular season awards, we just say they could have done it. but they don't want you to call them warriors homers.

they can't ever fathom that curry and durant make each others lives so much easier because the defense can never focus on either, like say how they focus on a 36 ppg/7.5 apg player. and they're still not buying the fact that harden plays defense. because the rockets change their switching pattern when harden is involved in a screen. therefore, all other evidence means nothing. nevermind we had a good D last year and were near the top in D after the all-star break this year, or the fact harden guards the post well (which they even bring up and then somehow dismiss), we should just accept that harden kills our defense.

#71 francis 4 prez, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't know who the white guy is but I'm scared that they allow someone with such little IQ to be on TV..

arabrocket likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Game has changed. Post up play is not used that much, it is harder to block a face up game 5x a game every night.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Easy and concise. They dun like Harden. They just dun.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I realize that. And given that fact, he's underachieving at blocking shots.

arabrocket, D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, but blocks won't get him those awards.

He is tweener - sliding between being a SF at the perimeter and a big man.

He's played SF in the past a lot so it takes time to adjust to playing in the middle.

PFs dun necessarily get as many blocks as Cs anyway.

Rebounds, Points, Assists. If he can get his assists up, he has a good chance of maintaining that level!

Emulate Jokic a bit.

Houstunna likes this.
  18. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I didnt watch it all the way through but if I was Hollins Im taking Cain to the back after the show and giving him a piece of my mind. Straight up disrespectful on national TV and talking to him like a child.

D-rock likes this.
  19. atam

atam Member

I don't see why people with 0 professional basketball experience get the right or ability to deny the credibility of someone who has played in the NBA for 12+ seasons. It's like someone who watched 10,000 surgeries claiming to be more credible than a doctor who has actually performed 5,000 of them.

arabrocket, D-rock and Sajan like this.
  20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Ok I just watched the video. Will Cain is definitely extremely punchable....

D-rock likes this.