1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It pretty much is.

Tfor3 and J Sizzle like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

win or lose, most important thing is the rockets finish this game healthy and intact when its done.

other than that, its nothing more then the last game of the season before the real test begins.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

So have they appointed Foster to the game already?

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Officials for tonight are Zach Zarba, James Williams, and Aaron Smith.

Not a disaster like Foster would have been, but Zarba is still pretty awful.

arno_ed likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Zach Zarba threw out Kevin Durant in the 3rd Qtr at Home, referees suck chanted at home. I enjoyed that clip.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

No dunking allowed for Luc Mbah Moute against the Lakers the last game of the season. Very smart of the Rockets to cost them the Title last year.

snowconeman22 and amaru like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Win, that is all that matters, just win.

DD

Roc Paint and Tfor3 like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Man we control our destiny, i don't care about Denver, Utah and Portland at this point, we win = we're in the conference finals, likely with an easy path. Just win.

Lmao

Tfor3 and pippendagimp like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

good thing is he's more awful for other teams though. case in point:

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

What sucks is denver will keep manipulating as 2nd seed means nothing to them.. If both rockets and nuggets win today, then nuggets keep their second seed. But if thunder win tomorrow and the game will be decided when they tip off, they will tank for sure to face the clippers over thunder as the third seed..

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know about that. Denver may not wanna play the Rockets. But they'd be insane to tank the 2nd seed if all they have to do is beat the T'Wolves at home. Why give up home court advantage in the 2nd round just to get an easier first round opponent? Denver more than any other top seeded team in the NBA is reliant on their home court.

YOLO likes this.
  12. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Does tonight's outcome really matter though? No matter what, unless someone upsets GS, we are going to have to go there without HCA and beat them in either the 2nd or 3rd round. The rest of the teams we could possibly play are a notch below both the Rockets and GSW. And I really don't think it matters whether we play LAC, OKC, Utah, Portland, SAS. They are all decent competition but we need to be healthy and need to be focused and have the right mental attitude. Being preoccupied with tonight's game could be a big mistake for us. That's why I say give OKC a healthy dose of Shump, Clark, and the 3rd string point guard whatever his name is. Let the primary contributors get ready for the playoffs.

Edited to Add: And give a big F U to the players only analysts at TNT because they don't like us anyway.

#92 seemoreroyals, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  13. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

The line is moving in our favour. We are now 2.5 points favourites. Earlier we were just 1 point fav. Seems like punters are pouring lots and lots of money on Rockets. Hopefully, we win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

This. We will get the #2 seed if the Jazz win as well.

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Play and shoot like we have been and we'll win this quite comfortably.

hakeem94 and HewbieTrippin like this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

boring ass win...whats new?

Killatron 2000, hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yes it does matter. I'd much rather have the 2nd seed. Home court in the Semifinals and no Golden State til the Conference Finals(or at all if we're really lucky) are both huge advantages. Plus beating OKC would go a long way toward pushing them down to 8th. Would you rather have the Warriors face the Thunder in the first round or the Clippers?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Is it game time???

Win. The. Game.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  19. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I think seeding is overrated. Look at what the Rockets did when they won back to back championships. I think one of them was from a 5th or 6th seed. I am proud of this years team and Harden in particular regardless of how everything ends up. Led by Harden, we are now 25 games over 500. He put the team on his back and led us out of a hole from a place where it appeared that we had no chance to even make the playoffs. I want to see us have a chance to play GS and it does not matter to me whether we play them in the 2nd or 3rd round. Right now we are playing at a level where we can beat OKC 9 out of 10 times in OKC. I just think we are already in a good place already to launch our run to a championship without having to prove anything to anybody.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Westbrook will play motivated tonight.. after seeing that #1 most overrated poll.

ickaruto likes this.