1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Beloved Short Term - Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Apr 4, 2019.

?

Short term Rocket

1. Bobby Sura

21 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Ron Artest

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Clyde Drexler

51 vote(s)
    48.6%
  4. Jason Terry

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Josh Smith

10 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Charles Barkley

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  7. Other

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Ryan Bowen

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. alcatrazpsycho

Clyde, Barkley, et el, shouldn’t be on the poll with those other players, IMO... Apples and oranges, ya dig?

Like - where’s Ralph Sampson? Dwight Howard? An argument could be made that T-Mac was a short term Rocket.

TLDR, I chose other: Mike James! (Carl Landry gets an honorable mention too.)

2. jcf

jcf Member

I went with Clyde (home town, championship), but Barkley was a close second. When he arrived, it seemed like he was going with the "if you can't beat them, join them" and wanted to team up with Hakeem. Unfortunately, Hakeem started to fade pretty quickly, and there were games during Barkley's tenure that it felt like he was carrying the team on his back. Barkley would say things about getting older and losing a step, but my recollection (I haven't gone back to check stats) was that he was playing hard and beasting for us.

Unfortunate that he ended up with some sort of beef with Les and may have soured some of us given his on air comments, because he (imo and fading recollection), played his heart out for us. Loved having him here.

3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Surprised no one has said Kevin Martin yet. He and Lamb got us Harden btw...

hakeem94 and msn like this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Clyde was around for like 4 seasons so I don't know how you can see he was short term. If Clyde is considered a short timer then Deke would also be considered and Horry and Cassell.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. msn

msn Member

Had to go with Clyde.

Although it was hard not to vote for Sura, mostly because of this thread.

6. MONON

MONON Member

I did the same thing. Saw Sura & Artest at the top of the list, debated & voted for Sura. Then I saw Clyde & changed my vote. I don't know how I missed him originally!?!

7. Enemysquad

Enemysquad Member

Carmelo Anthony.

8. MONON

MONON Member

I just read through the thread & would like to add Kevin Willis & Othella Harrington.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Bobby Sura all day. Dude quickly earned the right to become one of my favorite all time Rockets.

Infact, after the championship squads, that's my all time favorite Houston team.

#49 Realjad, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Carl Landry was all heart, soul and teeth

Walt Williams was underrated...

Kyle Lowry was amazing, but I don't blame him for leaving when McHale "tried" to "coach" (aka as 2 claps, a walk up the sideline and some awkward finger motion that no one knew what it meant)

Sam Mack was a gangster from the 3, and then a gangster with the law (major weed bust lol)

Pig Miller was dependable and could play with a toothpick in his mouth.

But, my favorite, favorite short-term Rocket (aside from Cuttino being pushed out too early) was the great Ron Artest. One season here and helped lead us out of the first round, helped get to a game 7 against a cheating Kobe-led Lakers team and made players around him better. He gave Yao the keys and supported him all the way. I wish we could have kept him....

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Derrek Fisher

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sam Cassell

13. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Fisher? I loved it when he was immediately gone

BamBam likes this.