1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you more Liberal or more Conservative

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jump Ship, Mar 24, 2019.

?

My ideas are

1. 100% Liberal

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. 100% Conservative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. More Liberal

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  4. More Conservative

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

[​IMG]

Thank god for the left in history. We have much better labor laws, women's and civil rights. I find myself leaning more left, but I share conservative views on several issues.

#1 Jump Ship, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    ROCKSS and dachuda86 like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I know it's common, but your graphics' inclusion of a definition of conservative including "averse to change" doesn't really square with the platform. Policies that include big changes from status quo: banning abortion, flattening the progressiveness of tax policy, actual enforcement of immigration law, reducing robustness of social security. Beyond this list, conservatives' belief in free markets (once upon a time) has been pretty radical, as has been the hyperactive interest in the Second Amendment. It always annoys me to see the spectrum characterized as the old-and-stodgy versus the young-and-hip. It's not really that way. I'd say it is the liberals who are more the defenders of the status quo. There are a few areas where they are pushing ideologically (mostly, diverisity and inclusion issues), but mostly what change they are looking for is just execution on old ideas.

rocketsjudoka and bobrek like this.
  3. cml750

cml750 Member

I am more conservative with a little libertarian thrown in. For instance I support legalizing many harmless drugs like mar1juana once testing can be developed to see if a person is under the influence at the time they are tested similar to the way a breathalyzer works for alcohol. Many drugs stay in ones system too long for an accurate test as to whether they were under the influence while at work, driving, etc... and not just showing up for a person partaking in their drug of choice the night before.

#3 cml750, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    bobrek likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Social democrat.

Fiscal republican.

My ideal candidate would probably slightly right Republican or a slightly left Democrat.

This election was probably the worst one of my lifetime for this.

bobrek likes this.
  5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Fiscal conservative, social liberal.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

I can say a little of both side

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Leftist, so none of the above.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a moderate than leans left. I find myself out of sync with hardcore liberals but find the far right irrational.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

King1 and cml750 like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

:rolleyes:

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Independent of party. 100 percent accurate. Are you suggesting I am party affiliated? You will say I am Republican far right because you are a far left lunatic who conflates other opinions as the same boogieman you have in your head that represents your opposition. Yes go ahead ya scamp. You know you want to. I am not with you so I must be a Trumper, who didn't vote for him, a Republican who has never voted for one (I vote 3rd party or Dem usually), and far right despite being socially liberal.

cml750 likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you might need to do some introspection Mr Self Awareness

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

King1 and cml750 like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Classic American TV show. Good stuff bro.

cml750 likes this.
  16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think the real investigation should be on how no one actually voted for trump but he won. It's weird.

At least, no one admits to it.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To the people who say they are fiscal conservatives, do you believe that either party represents your view in the slightest?

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Nope, there is no such thing as Fiscal responsibility in DC, but it is worse with GOP because they constantly harp on it when they are not in power.

20. cml750

cml750 Member

I have said many times I admit to voting for him. I did it mainly as a vote against Hillary at the time. I thought Trump would be bad but knew Hillary would be worse not to mention the SCOTUS seat that Trump had at least promised to fill with a person I would approve of. To my huge surprise Trump has done his best to keep his promises and has done very well IMHO. The 2020 election will be the first one since the 2000 one where I am actually excited to vote for a candidate when I pull the lever for Trump again.