1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blaming the Refs is the lazy way of avoiding the truth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 22, 2019.

?

What is our problem?

1. Defense

51 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. coaching

28 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. personel

25 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. ownership

21 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. general manager

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Caprah

Caprah Member

To want a more balanced attack it surely would require the right personnel as well not a declining Paul, inconsistent Gordon and a streaky Green! Until you surrounded Harden with the viable squad for the balanced attack, like it or not the offense will be dominated by your best player who happens to be the best scorer in the NBA and maybe in the modern era!

2. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I think a major problem is the coaching mentality. Outscoring the opponent by jacking up 3s is an inconsistent strategy. If a team is up double digits then why jack up 3s?! Put your energy into getting opponent into foul trouble or playing solid defense considering your offensive weapon has already done the damage. Opponents have already realized Rockets gameplan that since there are no post-up offensive players Harden, Green and Trucker are going to jack up 3s so most 3s start getting contested and the brick party begins. If they are hot they will make it but dang if they are not then it is probably just one of those cringe-worthy games to watch, which has been quite a few lately.

tinman, Bearded13 and bj3175 like this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is a losing strategy and i believe the reason why we lose leads.Early in quarters we need to get teams in foul trouble so that late in quarters we neutralize their aggressiveness. We should iso and shoot threes as secondary options. Pick n roll from the top with CP3,EG, JH13 to Faried and Clint should be primary. Now teams will be at our mercy but thats coaching MDA needs to outline this

4. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

I agree but unlike green he has seen a shot that he dosen't like and will drive to the lane. On 790 feigen says that Daryl morey dosen't want to set a presidential by giving a 2 way player a one year deal even though he will be restricted next year and we could match. The whole point of the 2way is to prove yourself and he definitely outplayed his contract. Nene making 3.5 or so and to me house is more important then him. I like shump too I just want to have a deep bench

cbs1507 likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We're truly ****ed next season if we have to rely on a 34yo GG and a 35yo PJ to play well offensively.

Big things needs to happen this off-season even tho Morey has strapped this team in flexibility.