1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House vs Green & Tucker.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 22, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

wake me up when your bball iq gets better
    [​IMG]

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You literally have been hanging around this website for years complaining about how the Rockets suck.
    You come on here saying how Mark Cuban is cooler than the Rockets owner.
    You are not a supporter of the Rockets.
    You are someone who uses this Rockets-related website for your enjoyment, to talk down different people in the Rockets organization.
    Sure, it's a free country. But you have to agree: you do not support all of the Rockets.

vick and HP3 like this.
  3. Madclownpacasum

Shumpert may have some off nights but his defense will always be consistent, he's a solid defender.. how about GGreen? When his having an off nights he dosent just shoot bricks but a solid liability on defense!! Can't guard anyone out there

RichieBanks and napalm06 like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Green maybe sht, but don't trash Tucker. U guys are stupid as fk, just b/c Tucker doesn't score on offense, without his defense we would have lost even more games. The mans has been a rock, playing every game for a sht ton of mins in a role that we obviously need help at. He's one of the oldest also.

HP3 likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

wut

D-rock likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

PER is a trash stat, stop using it.

7. rockets13champs

8. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

How's about these stats:

PJ Tucker is about to turn 34 in a few months. Check.
    Is guaranteed over $16.2m next two seasons. Check.
    Playing the most minutes of his career at 35.3 MPG. Check.
    Shooting the lowest FG% of his career at 39%. Check.
    Shooting the lowest 3PT FG% with the Rockets at 36%. Check.
    Shooting the most 3PT FGAs of his career AND is shooting the 4th most attempts on the team (behind Harden, Green, and Gordon). Check.
    Shooting a career low of .64% FTs when he is a career .74% FT shooter. Check.
    Averaging an awesome 1.3 assists per game which is his 3rd lowest of his 8 year career. Check.
    Averaging 3.2 fouls per game which is his highest total of any seasons that he has played in. Check.
    Averaging 7.5 points per game this season when his career points per game is 7.4. Check.

9. Giant9erRocket

Everything you just stated explains why he's sht.

He doesn't score on offense.
    We've been losing many games with him playing "defense".
    He's plays like a rock.
    He's been playing too many minutes.
    He's playing out of position.
    He's the oldest on our team.

I salute you!

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Without him playing who is going to play his position? Just likes to btch and offer no solution and baseless complaints. U should b happy hes contributing and not trash tier like mcw.

HP3 likes this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

In certain situations, MDA plays tucker just to avoid green from taking too many bad shots.

Tucker is a better play maker and has the experience over green.

It's rare that green outrebounded tucker night in and night out.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay yea he's getting up there, still can get it done on the defensive end and his 3 point % was really great in the beginning, he will get that together.

Counting dudes money, lame as hell.

Now lets get to the good stuff. You gave all these stats about offense but never look at the defensive ends do you? Tell me, who's rarely missing coverages PJ, who is our best perimeter defender PJ, who guards the other teams best player, who is always making the right defensive play PJ, when the majority of your team consists of SORRY DEFENDERS YES THEY ARE SORRY(Harden exploitable, Capela okay-decent,Paul has declined on defense but will pick it up I believe, Gordon....ok, Faried trash, Green trash, Rivers..decent but fouls alot, and Nene who barely plays anymore).

You have to work extra hard to make up for alot of those guys, why do you think coach plays him so much and especially plays him with Harden???? You know who Coach did that with, Ariza and guess what happend to him when he played so many minutes, his 3pt% cratered. Not blaming coach cause well he sees the floor and he knows how important those guys are. Do you even understand how good he was when we had at least one other competent defender on the floor with him? Go check his advanced stats and how much he brought to last year's playoffs.

So yea, I give PJ a pass because without him our defense would crater, and we would be a lower seed than we are right now. And yes our defense can get way worse, make no mistake about that.

You are just trying to find another scapegoat while providing no real solution.

Edit: Oh yea and btw its pointless putting his assists numbers in there seeing as how we are bottom in the league in passes per game lol.

D-rock likes this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Green went from our 3rd string sf to now one of our first wings off the bench. Question should be house and tucker vs green and tucker!

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Not D'antoni's fault Tilman is afraid to spend this season!

HP3 likes this.
  15. Giant9erRocket

At this point, I would play Faried all day - every day. There's a reason why he was an All-Star, Olympian. I also saw him shoot a 3 for the first time (in the Laker game) and it went in swish - his touch looked better than everyone not named Harden/CP3. Perhaps if D'Antoni gives him the green light he can shoot more? What do we have to lose? We need to change it up already.

D-rock likes this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro faried was not an all-star. but i agree on playing him more b/c we need the rebounding and we need to play tucker less

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  17. Giant9erRocket

Dudes money.... you mean the Rockets money. Did you appreciate the lame Ryan Anderson/Brandon Knight contracts as well? Did they "earn" that money?

When was the last time you seen Tucker shut down anyone? I mean really who comes to mind that he stopped recently? Tucker is too damn slow to play the passing lanes and his lateral quickness is gone. He's getting called for more fouls due to this and he probably leads the team with most AND1 fouls. He doesn't block anyone because his vertical is like 6 inches. He can't grab defensive boards to save his life. He can't get offensive boards either and if he does he'll brick it and end up running back the other direction. There's no way you can call Tucker a defense stud anymore if we are at the bottom of the league. I guarantee he will not be in any ALL-NBA DEFENSE teams this year.

Harden is doing his job on the defensive end. His perimeter defensive/passing lane D has definitely improved since he is top 3 in steals (he's .1 away from tying PG13), his post defensive is close to elite due to his pure strength/lower half bulk and does not get bullied around like Tucker does on a nightly basis. There was a stat that I overheard while watching a game that opposing players score less than .8 every time he gets posted up. What is Tucker's stat 1.5? Look Tucker was at his best defensively while on Phoenix so let's stop pretending that he's playing at that level for us now.

ilovehtownbb and RichieBanks like this.
  18. Giant9erRocket

Sorry I was mistaken however he was close/a snub when he was a beasting it for the Nuggets. Yes that dual lineup of Capela/Faried looked really really good for the few minutes D'Antoni decided to use it. Too bad he avoided it at all costs the 2nd half of the game.

ilovehtownbb and pippendagimp like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont care how much they get paid, i care that they help us on the court. . And no one on this board is paying anybody on the team.

Kawhi , go check that game out, Kuzma in the lakers(when he was going passed Harden alot), i can think of more if I really think about it. Not from what Im seeing, we play switch defense, when is the last time anyone went at him repeatedly on iso, and how many times does it happen from game to game. Ill take the fouls because he makes up for it by being the best defender on our team. And no he doesnt...I bet you its Gerald Green. Who cares about blocks there are not any real indicator of defense. He wasnt blocking anything last year and yet our defense was top 10. Thats a team problem, not just PJ. Dude is probalby the only one working his but off by boxing out as well. Well obviously, one dude cant carry a defense unless you are a big man. When you have TRASH defenders around you thats whats gonna happen. Last year we had Luc, Trevor and a Better defensive Paul and look how good he was.

Look hes doing better than he has been but improved doesnt really mean teams wont stop going at him. They will keep targeting in the playoffs in iso situations because he is not that good of a perimeter defender on our team, i love Harden but thats the truth. Yea James is one of the best post defenders in the league and thats great. Idk, how many people you see post up Tucker? Last year's playoffs he was certainly on another level though?

20. Caprah

Caprah Member

Tucker’s saving grace was his defense but even that has slipped which renders him a liability these days. It’s embarrassing that with Faried a guy the Nets did not deem a necessary piece the Rockets play better then Tucker

bj3175 likes this.