1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blowing big leads is demoralizing....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BamBam, Feb 22, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Live by the 3, die by the 3.

DD

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

sirjesse likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sad Affleck.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, we aren't exactly the team to live and die by the 3. Our top 3 PT % shooter Harden is ranked 59th in the league. The only reason he has the most 3 PT shots is because he takes so many more than everyone. Our next best percentage is is Tucker at 84th. Denver has 2 in the top 10, and many other teams have far better 3 PT % shooters than us now. Maybe that's why we are losing so many games now. We just shoot a ton of bricks and make a few, but It's really not enough to beat teams with better shooters in a playoff series. We have to beat them with defense, which we lack as well. I've seen us blow so many leads that I really don't have much hope for us to get as far as last year. I I think it would be a miracle if we made it past the first round. We really need some big pickups after this year to turn this team around. I was hoping they were going to do that this year, but nope, we get some guys I never heard of along with some OK guys. Nothing to jump up and down and scream for joy about.

BamBam likes this.
  5. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I guess with so many injuries this year, conditioning is a problem? Because teams are just running over the top of the rockets.

6. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

You don’t have to live from it all the time.

The 4th quarter 3 just isn’t a good shot unless you are wide open. Unfortunately the players that are wide open in the 4th just can’t hit anything

BamBam likes this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It’s not like last year they were shooting lights out all the time. The difference last year is that they played defense consistently and rebounded well that they were able to sustain runs that teams went on. This year the Rockets are at the bottom of the league in defense and rebounding. They give up a ton of second chance points so when the shots don’t fall and teams go on they’re usually runs, the Rockets have nothing to fall back on. Hence the lead dissipating so easily.

carib likes this.
  8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This team has no reaction to anything at all, all they keep saying is that “eventually” they’ll figure it out. When is eventually?

They have no right to complain about the refs (which were absolutely terrible and bias last night), a team that hasn’t blown 17492826 leads has that right, we don’t.

This team has no spine and is very, very lost, they assumed they’d get it together when they were healthy but it’s not that simple. Chemistry and morale are huge factors.

If you’re losing close games, it can be attributed to bad luck, if you’re blowing (huge) leads left and right, it’s a sign that you have a bunch of pretenders, players that can’t keep a cool head, players that have no killer instinct.

This team will not get it together, continuing to garner that hope is just illogical. This season is a trainwreck and there’s plenty of blame to go around. As a Morey supporter, it starts with the front office, absolutely no excuse to strike out on THREE free agent signings, especially signings from the offseason.

I simply do not understand how anyone can defend this team collectively or individually, Harden, Capela get a pass, MAYBE Faired and Rivers. This team is above average and it’s CLOSER to average than above.