1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game is rigged

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

The NBA is just like Hollywood, ******** out bad sequels to stuff that wasn't good to start with.

2. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

IF certain games are rigged, and NBA in general rigs games in favor of a particular team, then why watch the games at all? Why be fans of the NBA and NBA teams? Like some or many, I do question whether it is rigged at times on the basis that it's all about the Benjamins at the end of the day. The fans will be there regardless (FIFA is a prime example).

Can a fan genuinely believe that some games are rigged or the NBA rigs the games to position the teams that they want in the Finals, and continue to be a fan?

Personally, I've internally debated this topic without any conclusion. Maybe, it is rigged and I'm afraid of admitting it because then I would have to lose my long term relationship with the Rockets.

3. SuraGotMadHops

I've been checked out pretty much all season, I can't get invested knowing the result won't be honest. Game 6 last year just jaded me forever, I always was suspicious of rig jobs (especially after Lakers-Kings 2002, Donaghy, etc.), but that was the only one that was so over the top blatant and affected my team the worst. If you go back and read tweets during Game 6, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was saying how uncomfortable they were watching the officiating that game. Stern was a crooked AF commish, and so is Silver. Eff em.

4. rocks123

rocks123 Member

didnt expect to win the game anywayss because i feel that they will GIVE THE GAME TO LAKERS. so i just look at the overall performance of the rockets and capelas condition. Except for TUCKERS OFFENSE rockets actually looked great. capela and faried can actually co exists on the floor which is great. i thought they will just clogged the lane but they did well. IM SO HAPPY. Lol. and harden despite the OBVIOUS attempt to limit him both offensively and defensively still was able to cause some damage on both ends. and i dont get the three guard rotation. and i sometimes forget GORDON is on the floor. maybe they should involve him more instead of the pass the ball to tucker waiting in the corner only to brick it three play. and basketball IQ really drops quickly when both harden and paul fouled out. GREEN who shoots three like a madman decided to drive when were down two possesions. granted a make three wont probably make much of a difference but still.

5. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

might not even watch the warriors game

i stopped watching the wwe once upon a time, im getting close to dropping the nba. Might give the nhl a try

LonghornFan and HTownTmac1 like this.
  6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I don't.

LonghornFan likes this.
  7. 92i

92i Member

It is rigged, that’s why I stopped watching. There is a lot of people in my situation too.

LonghornFan likes this.
  8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Wait, so you don' t watch the games and you're on CF to do what?

9. macan

macan Member

Harden is pure
    scott foster needs to get exposed!
    wish Tilman would order a real hit on his arse

BamBam likes this.
  10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm here to post in the Astros forum with people I have corresponded with since 2002, and to occasionally read the same old GARM for occasional lulz at the melting.

Great talk, high five.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I got rid of league pass 3yrs ago. The NBA gets none of my money. But realistically Houston has never been a huge money-making market for them. We’re a city of poor minorities, we already aren’t giving crazy amounts of patronage for their league. The oil money that fills the lower bowls (or more accurately the club lounge) will be there whether we win or lose. Face it Clutchfans, we dont matter. I’ve almost completely cut off the NBA from my life and things couldn’t be better right now. We should just move on, be successful at life, maybe follow a sport that has true randomness like baseball, and tell the NBA to **** off.

LonghornFan likes this.
  12. 92i

92i Member

I come here by reflex since I’ve been on the forum since 2008. I just follow what’s happening in the NBA through social media but I stopped watching games and loosing my time since the Rockets got screwed by the refs against GSW last playoffs. What’s the point of watching?