1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018-2019] Sacramento Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Dec 13, 2018.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In hindsight, Nawlins should have never traded Hield. He and Holiday would have been a great backcourt for AD.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Buddy Hield Willing to bet his house on kings making playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26046925/buddy-hield-willing-let-ride-sacramento-playoff-hopes

"Very confident. I'd bet my house on it," Hield told reporters Wednesday. "I make a lot of money to buy the next one."

"You can't bet your dogs," Hield said. "I'm just confident. If I don't say it, [reporters] will say, 'He's not confident enough.' That's how I was raised. I trust in God, and hopefully, he favors us."

He didn't mention if it's his Sacramento or Bahamas house.

[​IMG]

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hope the Kings make the playoffs, it would be a nice story

I love Fox and hope he starts getting more recognition

I thought the Kings were gonna be trash as usual this year, but here they are

roslolian likes this.
  4. KingsFanSince85

They lost a big game tonight against GSW. And there was a verbal confrontation between Coach Joerger and Buddy Hield all of which happened on camera and with Kevin Durant listening and commenting. Not a good look by the coach.

He was pissed that Buddy shot and made a 38 footer while he was calling out a play. Buddy shot them back into a game they trailed by 6 with :25 seconds to go. They had a final shot for a W that Buddy bypassed to instead drive and take a more difficult shot. Lots of people believe Buddy passed on the deep three because of what had happened earlier. Even Damien Lillard commented on it via twitter.

I sure hope this incident and loss doesn’t kill this teams chances.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I saw that. not the right time for Joerger to make a coaching point. No doubt in my mind Hield hesitated because of what coach said prior.

I think Hield will recover. But in the heat of the moment that was on coach to me.

Kings are plucky. They need to keep that spirit up.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Isn't Joerger the one Morey wanted to hire before Les stepped in and hired MDA? I might be wrong.

Kings remind me of a younger Rox team. They play like the Rox and Hield/Fox are like Harden and Cp3 but reversed.

7. KingsFanSince85

Buddy bounced back in fine fashion against OKC with 34 and a much needed W.

Joerger and Buddy spoke about the incident before tonight’s game and said there’s no issue between them. DJ says it was a heat of the moment thing and happens from time to time.

I sure hope that’s the case. Still didn’t like the look of it or the reactions of players around the league. But we’ll see.

Deuce likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He wanted Chris Finch at one time, but I'm not sure of the timeline.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

My bad Morey wanted Vogel because he was a defebsive coach and deep in analytics too (and not Joerberg) but Les put his foot down and said MDA is the man due to his amazing interview.

saleem likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, you're right. I forgot about Vogel. Morey wanted him.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Joerger will be the coach that turned the Kings around but not the coach that will lead them deep in the playoffs .

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent win for the Kings over OKC! Hope they keep it up!

KingsFanSince85 likes this.
  13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

To be fair I doubt they anticipated Boogie tearing his Achilles at 27.

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kings keep having these close losses, and it’s killing me...I want them to make the playoffs so badly

I looked at highlights of that Kings-Bucks game last night, and the place was so hype...the Kings have such great fans...imagine if TC could have anything close to that atmosphere...let me stop dreaming...

heard Fox say that he’s a Houston kid and owns a residence in Houston...once this Harden era is over, he’s pretty much at the top of my list of guys who I hope come here in free agency

Fox is like a more athletic/flashier Mike Conley to me, I love watching him play...his future is so bright

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I watched the Kings/Bucks game. Kings made an incredible come back. Giannis rested a lot. You knew the Kings would lose when they didnt win it in regulation. Fox was horrible on the last possession. Brogdan & Bledsoe were bosses.

Buddy and Bogdan were absolutely balling. Kings are such a fun team.

Kings and Hawks are great league pass teams.

16. KingsFanSince85

In the past week, they've played the teams with the #1, #2, and #4 best records in the league and lost all 3 games by a combined 5 points. Two of the games were on the road. They also beat the Sixers and OKC in recent weeks. They're becoming a very good team. They just need to learn how to finish.

I attended last night's game. My first of the season. My wife's boss has season tix with club access and we we're lucky to get them because he was out of town. 8 rows from the floor, behind the press table on the aisle.

This was only my 4th game at Golden 1 since it opened and it was easily the loudest. It was reminiscent, if not as loud, as ARCO Arena. Great atmosphere, great game even though we didn't win.

Can't you just let us have a few stars of our own?? We need Swipa. ;)

On that last possession, the Bucks had a foul to give, which allowed Bledsoe to play so physically (could/should have been called a foul under the new freedom of movement rules). I really dislike how the NBA becomes an ISO league on final plays. This 1/4 flat BS is predictable and easier for defenses to stop.

Dave Joerger has been so good as drawing up plays out of timeouts and the KINGS have been so good at executing them, I really wished they ran an actual play instead. They're so good when players are moving and the ball is moving.

Love reading that some of you guys are liking what you're seeing in SacTown. It's been a long time coming. Hope it continues.

We got good news that Marvin Bagley's MRI revealed a knee sprain and not something worse. He'll be re-evaluated in 1-2 weeks.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I was actually thinking to myself that it looked like Fox was "expecting a foul" and it never came. Like he was looking for the foul versus trying to take a shot. Just had that look.

KingsFanSince85 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Seeking a fresh start: Agent says Willie Cauley-Stein doesn’t want to be a King anymore

After spending the first four years of his NBA career in Sacramento, Kings center Willie Cauley-Stein has decided he wants a new opportunity with another team.

The Kings could extend a qualifying offer to make Cauley-Stein a restricted free agent, but Cauley-Stein feels it’s time for both sides to move on, his agent told The Sacramento Bee on Saturday evening.

“I really think Willie needs a fresh start,” said Roger Montgomery, a representative of Roc Nation Sports. “Based on how things have gone for him there in Sacramento, I just think it’s time for Willie to move on and we’d really like him to move on.”

The Kings issued a brief statement to The Bee on Saturday night in response to Montgomery’s remarks.

“Willie is a great player who has shown he can fit our style of play,” the team said. “Beyond that, we can’t comment further.”

“We’ve kind of hoped that things would change over the years and Willie would get a chance to expand his game, get a chance to get some consistency there in terms of the roster turnover and the coaching turnover and the things that have not been steady there,” Montgomery said. “That being said, I’m hopeful they will not even give Willie his qualifying offer so Willie can be an unrestricted free agent.”

In some ways Cauley-Stein is the perfect center for Sacramento’s uptempo system, but he has been hampered by inconsistency and fans have clamored for a stronger defensive presence inside.

There are a number of centers the Kings could pursue when free agency begins at 3 p.m. June 30, including Nikola Vucevic, DeAndre Jordan, Jonas Valanciunas and Dewayne Dedmon. Divac recently told The Bee the team faced a difficult decision.

“It’s a tough question,” Divac said. “We would like to keep Willie in terms of his talent potential, but he still needs to show us the consistency that we are looking for. We are talking.”

In March, Cauley-Stein told The Bee it would be difficult for him to leave Sacramento, but he felt the Kings had underutilized him.

“Sacramento has been my home for the last four years,” he said. “It would be hard to leave, but at the end of the day it’s a job, and whoever is the best fit for me to take that next leap in my career – that’s what it’s all about.

“I just want to hoop freely. That’s kind of the biggest thing for me, just going somewhere, whether it’s here or anywhere else, just taking that next evolution to the game where you’re not just a rim runner. You’re a pick-and-pop guy sometimes. You can get rolling with what the defense gives you. I wanna be that dude.”

Montgomery said it would be best for Cauley-Stein to evolve his game somewhere else.

“We haven’t felt that he’s been able to get what has been necessary for him to be able to lead the franchise the way he wants to,” Montgomery said. “We are very, very thankful for the opportunity that was presented to him, but we just think it’s not working. It’s not going to work. It’s just time for a fresh start. We need a fresh start and maybe the Kings do, too.”

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

RocPaint's cousin
    [​IMG][​IMG]

malakas likes this.