1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your go-to drink to avoid/minimize hangovers?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NateNate, Feb 16, 2019.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

These hangovers are kicking my ass lately and with a Vegas trip coming up I’m looking for suggestions on the best drinks to avoid hangovers.

For years my drink has been vodka (usually Tito’s) and cranberry or pineapple when I go out. Would mixing vodka with club soda make a huge difference? Maybe a different superior vodka? Maybe a different liquor all together? Help me out cause 30s ain’t my 20s smh. I know we have some drinkers in here.....

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Mix in water in between drinks.

astros99, NateNate, J Sizzle and 3 others like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i like to order orange juice.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Don't add any extra sugar to the alcohol, that only makes things worse. Eat something at the end of the night. Stay hydrated

Also, isn't vodka-cran a college girl drink?

5. calcium

calcium Member

FYI

Code:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47143368
    There is a Tips to avoid a hangover section

6. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Eating at the end of a night of drinking actually makes it worse. The alcohol is already inside the bloodstream at this point, so food won't help much. Just redirects more blood flow to the stomach, when your liver and kidneys need it the most. Decreased blood flow to kidneys --> decreased filtration --> more likely to have a hangover.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just stay drinking all night and the next morning

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

2 alcohols, 1 water, repeat

The people who poke fun the first round are usually too drunk to poke anything later.

Also, drink an old fashioned. They’re good for you.

NateNate likes this.
  9. AB423

AB423 Member

IV drip

astros99 likes this.
  10. body slam

body slam Member

Pretty simple just pace yourself and don't drink as much. Like others mentioned add in a water between drinks.

and to answer the question what is the best drinks to avoid hangovers? non alcohol

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Stop drinking cranberry and orange juice. Sugar makes the hangover worse. If vodka is your drink, try soda or tonic instead of fruit juices.

Also, Electrolytes help. Go to any HEB and buy some Nuuns. They are for runners and have potassium and electrolytes. Drop one in water before you drink and consume and one before bed. Also what everyone else says...drinking water during binges helps.

There is no true cure (if there was wveryone would use the same method) other than not drinking but all of those things help.

NateNate likes this.
  12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There is no hangover cure. Drink water while you are drinking alcohol it'll help dilute the hangover intensity. The next morning take caffeine in some form or fashion.

astros99 likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

ElPigto, NateNate and rhino17 like this.
  14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If you can remember, drink a large glass of water before bed and pop a couple Advil. My problem is I never remember to do that and usually pass out first.

There’s also a dude out of Houston that makes a hangover drink. He was on shark tank I can’t remember what it’s called. They advertise on sports talk radio sometimes.

NateNate likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I drink whiskey and water or vodka and water. As long as I dont mix in random shots during the night the hangover is limited. A good base of food before the drinking appears to help as well. Definitely chug some water before sleeping.

NateNate likes this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I can guarantee you that regardless of how much you drink, if you take 1 tylenol/advil with 1 glass of coconut water before you sleep you will wake up as if you never drank.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Substitute the Tylenol or Advil for a BC Powder. Nasty as hell, but you’ll be glad you did.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Pretty much the same. To be honest what I buy is none of the above, I just go to the pharmacy and ask for the absolute weakest/lightest pain killer and it's some generic brand we have here. Works perfectly, you barely need it, the coconut water is doing most of the work.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yes. Do half cranberry, half club soda. Then still drink water in between drinks.
    The trick is to pour it all under your tongue and then chug your beverage. Never let it directly hit your tongue.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Potato vodka with water and a fruit if you need it. Or 100% agave tequila. Distant 3rd, nasty light beer. Not easy to find potato vodkas at a bar.