1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Wow, that's a lot to give up man. It's literally every asset we have and we will not be able to retain Ross or WCS.

3 first rounders
    1 second rounder
    Gordon
    Hartenstein
    Clark
    Ennis
    Edwards

I'm usually on the opposite end of the spectrum, but that seems like a lot to give up. Also, Washington are making out like bandits while Orlando's future is being flushed I feel. They're essentially getting Wall and Clark for Gordon and Iwundu. Orlando needs to be compensated for taking Wall, and Washington needs to compensate someone for dumping Wall. Also Kings fans have been saying WCS is a poor interior defender except for weakside help, he's soft when it comes to contact. If that's the case I'd rather cut him out.

All in all, you better believe that team without any additions at all can wing a championship in the next 2 years, otherwise we're really f'ed. I know you're very high on Gordon though.

BasketMAD and D-rock like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You can't compare FG% between the two, because Gordon shoots twice as many 3s. Tyreke doesn't now -- and has never had -- a higher eFG% or TS% than Gordon in any year....and it's not even close. (Edit: Tyreke had better eFG% in 2012-13, a bad injury year.)

Tyreke does provide more playmaking though. I can agree with that.

BigMaloe, saleem, mockster and 2 others like this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

hes 6'6 and 32 lol wtf

BasketMAD likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is gonna be one of those knight/Ennis/etc sort of trades. A bunch of noise for nothing

Furcheeptah is in full salary dumping mode

BasketMAD likes this.
  6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Trey Burke? That's the big get you're excited for? lol this team is screwed.

CK Johnson likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I know the risk and WCS is a luxury after Capela returns but it also allows Rockets some options next season.

But AG for Wall is a win for ORL.

Magic set up AG contract to be traded and they have been desperate for an elite PG for years. Wall albatross contract only makes sense for very few teams, ORL being one of those teams. Wall combined with all star Vuc, Fournier and Isaac is much more formidable play off contender in East. Shump fits Clifford D first mindset at wing. Bamba, DJ and Simmons would be excellent bench.

And AG is exactly the high effort, hyper athletic, versatile defender and complementary player alongside Harden. AG was never going to carry ORL to anything as franchise player, they finally realize that now as hes been in many more trade discussions.

This Roster also allows Rockets best opportunity to improve D while also improving offense and depth for post season run. And Justin Jackson is better than Clark. Let Morey do his magic after Rockets get their ring this season. Ross is retainable IMO.

Paul/Rivers
    Harden/Iwundu
    Ross/Green
    AG/PJ
    Capela/WCS/Faried

Wes Matthews and/or DJ buyouts would bolster depth even more if necessary.

#147 D-rock, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Morey is pretty clueless this season and seems intent on signing small dudes, so you never know.

9. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

1 + 2 + 3.... We're getting a 6, guys. Morey you magnificent b*stard. Always ahead of the compeition.

10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Morey has not been able to trade for any good players lately, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

saleem and duluth111222 like this.
  11. mockster

mockster Member

1-2-3 sounds like a Bradley Beal or Tyreke Evans.

12. rockets13champs

B.Knight, Chris and a 1st for Tyreke and OQuinn.

Also since we are over the cap and oquin and tyreke about 17M Is that bad going past this season? Or does their contracts expiring become a trade exception where we can acquire 17M in trades

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

My 2 cents:

1) Gordon is a tremendous asset, can be the center piece to acquire a superstar if a top pick is attached. He is 23 with 4 years of experience, incredible athleticism, excellent defense, 3pt shot, mentally focused on being defensive player of the year, on a DECLINING contract (he makes $20m now, and about $1m less each of the next 3 seasons). Whether they are tanking or contending, at 23 on that contract, it would be insane to deal him for anything other than multiple picks or as part of a package for a franchise player.

2) John Wall is a negative trade asset. Anyone who takes him must be compensated. No one in the world is going to compensate Wizards for John Wall. The Wizards are not playing worse without the player who is about to make $35m per season, constantly injured, poor leader, etc. Maybe you see a turnaround there, but that's not his market value.

Honestly I'm surprised by your statements given how big a fan of Gordon you are. Could not even begin to disagree more on this assessment, but we don't have to agree. Gordon is one of the most liquid assets in the league, Wall is the exact opposite.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Trey Burke has been traded from the Knicks to the Mavs.

D-rock likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Y’all gonna be upset when the trade is getting rid of Knight, Chriss and Nene and maybe getting Temple all so Tilman doesn’t have to pay the tax.

robbie380 and HoustonCRT like this.
  16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Honestly, if it's Knight/Nene for Green/Temple and we have DeAndre Jordan lined up it's fine. I can at least see the rationale for dropping that ~$20m from next season's tab, and those 3 would boost our forward/big rotation tremendously especially on the defensive end.

Not my favorite deal, but we would certainly improve this season + have Gordon and cap wiggle room in the summer.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Every time I see this meme, I can’t decide who is actually the weirdo, the old geezer grabbing his nips OR the guy in back enjoying it....o_O

BMoney likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't expect much either cause our assets kinda suck so... ;)

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

my ready is body

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. TheresTheDagger

He's the Jazz radio guy if that helps. He's not a nobody.