1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Hate to say it, but the Cougars have no room to bash SMU about anything.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really a fan of this distant sky camera angle on espn for the game :mad:

3. Buck Turgidson

Just saw this, amigo....

clip on red ties with a tiny sand/beanbag attached. Do it like the Red Wings and after the first bucket? time out? halftime? everyone chucks them onto the court.

MadMax likes this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

6. Buck Turgidson

That's awesome. He seems solid.

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Love the Kelvin Sampson story so far here at UH. Love the work ethic and the humility. Nice win last night against a good team on the road.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

The camera pods are in the recesses of the rafters so that nobody can clearly see how ugly the offense is. It's like that.

Overall we kicked their carcass to the curb. But we did struggle with that high press and getting good looks. Not a big deal. We can work on that. Davis appears to have absorbed the Harden stepback.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good solid win on the road. LOL at the high camera angle. It's been that way at SMU since the Jon Koncak days. I think it's so everyone can see the GIGANTIC logo at center court (which I actually kind of like).

Love that quote from Kelvin. Who wouldn't want to ball for that guy? He's so much fun to watch during games.

He seemed pretty heated right before halftime. I couldn't tell who he was yelling at because of those dark uniforms.

10. Poloshirtbandit

this game has been ugly

11. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Well the foul fest is finally over. The important thing is we got another road win against a tough opponent. I don't think I have seen so many fouls and travelling calls in a game before. Most of the calls went against us but we kept our head and won the game and that's what counts.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This league is tough every night there are no easy wins.

The refs are beyond terrible I thought they were whistle happy last week vs Wichita in the first half but it was 10 times worse tonight.

I am glad we won.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Go Coogs!

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I just want to make an omelette. The drama is real. Relatively meh game. Continuing to establish strong post play ( never thought I'd say that this year), but Brooks and Davis need to come along for the ride every night and they are not quite there. It's the chill of peppermint. 4 seed. And downloading.

15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Scratching my head. Not exactly sure what your point is. Other than making the game way too long by all the BS foul calls and all the BS travelling calls I thought it was a pretty good game.

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

UH finally had one of those lights out shooting games we have been waiting for all season. It seems like it always comes against ECU too.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

certainly helps that ecu is terrible lol. Looking forward to the temple rematch at home next week!

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

19. Buck Turgidson

Nobody ever really knows.

seemoreroyals and Nook like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I need someone whiter than me to explain what the hell this means. I’m either too old at 42 or not white enough. Regardless, someone explain. Please.

seemoreroyals likes this.