1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Watched 2 movies today between flying home and relaxing with the wife.

MEG > Bird Box

Blurr#7 likes this.
  2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The Night Comes For Us

To say that this movie is a violent bloodbath of carnage is a gross understatement. It's probably one of the most violent and bloody action films I've ever seen, so over-the-top bloody it almost becomes comical at times. But boy does it work, and it is incredibly entertaining. It's The Raid on steroids.

8/10

Bird Box

I definitely enjoyed it, but it could've given us more. Part of the movie, and its characters, felt too generic and conventional, like many other films that have come before it. But the other part of the movie, her trying to survive in the wilderness with the kids, felt fresh and suspenseful. I wanted more of that. I also wanted more use of the film's namesake. You did discover the reason behind the bird box, but it could have had more of an impact on the story.

7/10

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Into the Spiderverse: 10/10

Best Spiderman movie I've ever seen. Felt like I was watching a comic book come to life. Loved every bit of it. Go see it in the theaters before you lose the chance. It pops off the big screen.

sammy and daywalker02 like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I agree with your points - it's important to keep expectations tempered for Netflix movies even with a big name in the lead role. Bird Box felt like a good indy movie - I have it at 7/10 as well.

5. Buck Turgidson

Watched "Passion" late last night simply because it was a Brian De Palma flick (and he's made some great ones) and Rachel McAdams was in it (always had a thing for her).

It's from 2012 and now I understand why I had never heard of that movie before. It it total shite. Imagine all of the "erotic thrillers" De Palma did back in the day - Body Heat, Dressed to Kill, Femme Fatale, etc... - and take out everything interesting. It was a silly movie even by those standards.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Isle of the dog > Bird Box

GRENDEL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Birdbox - 6/10

I felt like it could of been a lot better since it was super predictable to me. It was a good movie don't get me wrong but some parts I kept thinking of the movie 'The Happening' w/ Marky Mark.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

bumblebee.

8/10 i guess? i don't really rate movies..
    i enjoyed it. it was what i expected...CGI and lots of big explosions. soundtrack was great.

GRENDEL likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

Resolution (movie The Endless universe is based in) -- I had to watch this film ASAP after catching The Endless on Netflix. These movies are amazing - you can watch them over and over and catch an important detail you missed every time. How they put so many twists and obscure connections with the tiny budget they had must have taken years of planning and rewrites to make everything fit.

Resolution 9.1/ 10

Sidenote: I swear someone started a thread discussing this movie but I can't find it.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'll check this out. It has 90% plus rating on rotten but 66% or so audience reviews. Is it slow and hard to get into?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Watched the show real Narcos on Netflix and tell me which drug cartel is letting this ex military gringo walk into their crack labs? Dum dum dum dumb.

12. KingCheetah

I wouldn't call it slow, but it is definitely a movie that builds the tension and mystery up over the entire film - the audience learns along with the characters. For a low budget indy movie the world building is impressive - I wish I had watched Resolution first then The Endless -- I hope they continue the story with a third movie.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Predator reboot felt like watching a Critters movie. Why would anyone want to recycle the Hulk dogs idea? This movie wasn't bad, but it also wasn't good.

14. cebu

cebu Member

The Green Zone - 8/10. good story and action.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They should have had a nod in there somewhere for Pablo Escobar. If you catch my drift.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Titan

I am a sucker for sci fi movies like this. Big Prometheus fan which many thought was awful.

7-10.

Good not great.

17. conquistador#11

Julie&Julia: Many of my rate the last movie replies involve Amy Adams This one is the only film of hers I had not seen.
    4/10.
    It's about a woman coming to terms with turning the dreaded 30. Food brings back that missing flavor in her life.
    Amy was stellar as always but they flashback to 1949 for the Julia story line which ruined it. Julia sounds like Mrs. Doubtfire. Why didn't they just get Robin WIlliams to play her. It would have been a 10/10 if not for the flashbacks.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Birdbox 9/10. The ending was stupid. That safe haven was too crowded and the monster is prohibited from there or what.

19. TheresTheDagger

Sicario: Day of the Soldado - 6.5 out of 10

Well acted and moody, but ultimately a meandering story that leads to a less than satisfactory conclusion. Obviously, it's set up for a 3rd movie and the way this occurs almost ruins movie #2.

Can we just get a flipping drug war movie without the stupid hollywood morality play?

20. Buck Turgidson

Cartel Land + Traffic + Sicario