1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#22 Army vs Houston (Armed Forces Bowl)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Not a record you want to be breaking

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did they know that army just runs the ball?

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Surely Appleseed is gone. Surely.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That’s wrong Bigtexxx

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Liltexxx I don’t blame you. If the only 2 teams I could beat is PV and Old Dminion I would laugh also to keep from crying

7. Buck Turgidson

Hey, they completed all their passes.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Fire everybody.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

On that story it says they will evaluate "in the next few weeks."

How can they wait that long? Either Applewhite or a new coach has to put together a new staff with all the resignations and departures. With Applewhite, what talented coordinator or coach wants to come in to a situation where the head coach is on thin ice? The decision seems fairly easy. I hope the delay is just not wanting to fire someone during Christmas.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Applewhite has destroyed both sides of the ball so much that we had to completely re-engineer them. The only thing left to screw up is special teams.

12. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Collectively, the board of regents and AD need to grow a pair and do the best thing for the football program going forward and show Applesauce the door ASAP. In a way it was probably not a bad thing for Briles to move on as well. If he does not want to be here we don't need him plus it allows whoever the hew head coach is going to be to come in with their own staff.

I'm thinking there has to be a successful high school coach, perhaps an alumni of U of H, that would be a good fit and show some loyalty in building the football program. Whoever takes over the program has tons of talent coming back assuming our best players and recruits don't jump ship. Our team is not as bad as the team that got beat by Army 70-14. I blame the vast majority of the mess we are in on Applewhite. It would make no sense to give him another year even though some of the stuff I am reading is that at the present time those that ultimately hold the decision making authority on whether to keep him or not are being somewhat supportive of him.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

ESPNU has this on replay, anybody going to watch it again?

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It was also on yesterday.

At least it's good morale for the troops.