1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston vs Memphis

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 21, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good riddance to this season.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

End the painful Applewhite era.

mastraw18 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I really want to know the reason why Oliver didn't play in the 2nd half because it looks like he wanted to play and wasn't being allowed to. If it was some pissing contest nonsense by Applewhite, I'd show him the door.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

They gonna fire the coach with a eight win season?

5. newAge_Rockets

8 win season in the AAC would be a 5 win season in a P5 conference.

6. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

Rice and Texas Southern wins don't count.

7. dc rock

#47 dc rock, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, their standards need to be higher than that if they ever hope to be more than that. "Hey we were ALMOST good enough to be in the AAC championship game" isn't really a solid endorsement. In fact if someone said that I think it would qualify as low key shade.

9. dc rock

If the goal is to win eight games and not compete for conference championships then they should've just kept Levine.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't mind 8 wins if the team is growing and improving, but this team is ass backwards. The offense grew by leaps and bounds from last year to this year, but the defense went light years backward. It's as if Woody Harrelson and Lenny Kravitz designed the game plan. I would befine with firing him because it seems like the less he does the better the team is, then you add in the fact he's burning relationships with the players too, on national tv, that's falling apart at the seems. If he can find a d-coordinator we will be fine. I can live with him, but he's teetering on disaster.

11. Major

Major Member

That's just stupid. Briles never met that standard. Sumlin met it once in 4 years. Herman met it once in 2 years. They gone 10-2 or better twice in 23 post-Southwest-Conference years. And every coach that goes 10-2 is likely to leave for a better job.

Brando2101 likes this.
  12. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

Khator wasn't around when Briles was here, but I understand your point. Levine and Applesauce were bad hires from the get go

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Tune actually did pretty well considering the circumstances, but when you can't stop anybody, you have no chance. Memphis deserves to get beat up by UCF, and they will.

14. solid

Some of the ugliest defense I have ever seen.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Memphis may catch a break....

CBS Tampa's Ryan Bass reports that UCF junior QB McKenzie Milton (leg) is currently undergoing surgery. Milton suffered a gruesome, severe leg injury during the second quarter of Friday's win over USF. He was carted off the field after going down and subsequently taken to an area hospital. No word as of yet as to the exact nature of his injury, but it's clearly a serious one. Darriel Mack Jr. will start the AAC title game against Memphis in place of Milton.

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

That's kinda what I was thinking. Also, the team really struggled in the games that Ed missed. And then their really good QB goes down. Those two guys going out really changed the season.

But, I think the blow up he had with Ed on national TV may seal his fate. That was a bad look.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Lol, that is classic AAC/Conf USA luck. So much for a title shot. The conference can't get out of it's own way.

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We were just too beat up to really compete at the end of this season. I don't expect anything different in whatever bad bowl game we end up at.

19. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Major Applewhite has not won a bowl game for us yet. I don't expect this year to be any different. I still feel that our lack of success at the end of the year was more a function of poor coaching than anything. Good coaches always seem to be able to find a way to win. Leadership starts at the top and as bad as our defense has been all year, the more I think about it the more I place the blame on the head coach as opposed to the defensive coordinator.

20. solid

I predict the DC gets booted, and if Applewhite doesn't have them in a significant bowl next season, he is likely gone. Then it is Briles turn.