1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Frozen Pizza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Buck Turgidson

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

where exactly is "fresh" delivered? It isn't delivered to my house or office.

5. Asian Sensation

Probably to towns where the median household incomes are $500K and above.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. what

what Member

The only one I eat right now is Newman's own. If you make it a little under and don't burn the ingredients, it's a pizza that actually tastes like a fresh pizza.
    The best frozen pizza I ever had was the BBQ chicken pizza from California Kitchen. Not the one they sell now, which is terrible. But when they first came out they sold a self-rising "small" version, which was better than pizza you could buy fresh. It was unreal.

Problem was they had quality issues. Shortly after they introduced them, half the time you'd get a bad one and then they just stopped selling them. It was a great pizza.

Newman's Own is real good though.

#106 what, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  7. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm not going to lie. Thanks to this thread, I tried the screaming Sicilian, and it was great.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why would you lie?

9. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I never got the pretzel, it was either dry cornbread or soggy roll. I despise that "pizza", so gross.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  12. BleedsRocketRed

I have since moved away from Minnesota, but surprisingly a local of theirs was by far my favorite. Heggies Pizza, made in Milaca MN. Its ohh so good, as well as cheesy and the sauce is just on point.

http://heggiespizza.com/

Lotzza Motzza is a really good one too, but mostly found in the midwest.

Surprising fact, the majority of major brand frozen pizzas are made in Minnestoa/Wisconsin.

Locally here in Houston, my favorite right now is Bola Pizza, made in Austin TX. Its just...perfect.

http://www.bolafrozenpizza.com/

13. Buck Turgidson

So the moms found these at the local HEB on clearance for $1.50 each...tried one and then went back and bought a dozen more to stash in the deep freeze out at the ranch. The pesto one is pretty damn good, and you can't beat that price.

[​IMG]

Also, in frozen quick lunch news, these are just about the closest I've found to proper Argentine empanadas, outside of a restaurant or two:

[​IMG]

https://www.cocina-54.com/our-empanadas

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I used to do this with English muffins and bagels. Now I mostly stick with pita bread.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I simply buy the small naan in a package, jar of sauce, package of cheese and salami... takes less time to throw together and cook than a frozen pizza and tastes better.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This.

[​IMG]

Plus this.

[​IMG]

Inexpensive and damn good.

SpGish20 likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Gotta agree on the Costco pesto. Best store bought pesto you can buy.

18. likestohypeguy

^second costco's pesto, 1st ingredient basil, tastes incredibly fresh, always get one when they go on sale.

Re: frozen pizzas, I miss Digiornos used to make a great one called hand-tossed, but you could only get it in their combo packs, where you had to buy their shitty frozen cookies or "wyngz" along with to get it. There was a small window when they were available stand alone, and then in three packs for $3.50ea at the warehouse clubs for a very short glorious time, before they mysteriously discontinued them entirely for some reason.

I recently revisited red barons when I saw them buy one get one, after not having tried one in probably 10 or 15 years. Found it much better than I remember. I've tried most of the fancy ones ITT they have at HEB/Krogers, none particularly remarkable much less for the price. Will have to try Newman's, seems everyone likes that one.

The best are the grocery and warehouse clubs' in-store made bake-at-home deli pizzas, but technically not frozen, just refrigerated.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's very good. Their "Bessie's Revenge" all cheese pizza is outstanding. (I've got kids!)

FranchiseBlade and CometsWin like this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Weird that they only have the Empanadas at a few HEB locations.

#120 Roscoe Arbuckle, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019