1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards blowing it up?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Nov 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That'd be a no brainer.

Not sure if that's intriguing to the Wizards, though. I mean sure Ingram is still a "potential" all-star and very young, but he hasn't gotten better, so this is attractive almost as much as a salary dump with KCPs contract... and if you are salary dumping, you'd do that for Porter/Wall, not Beal, right?

Think the Knicks would give up Porzingis? I would if I were them. Kanter+Porzingis works. Sell WIzards on total rebuild, Porzingis sits all year, they get worse, and move on from Porter and Wall, too, if they can. Meanwhile, Knicks can roll with Hardaway/Beal as wing scorers, and still pursue KD/Kyrie.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Just talking about this with my coworker and his Mavs fandom:

Come December 15th, the Mavericks could easily absorb BOTH Beal and Porter for:

Deandre Jordan and his expiring contract
    Wes Matthews and his expiring contract
    Dennis Smith Jr
    and picks

that would give Washington $40 million in expiring contracts next summer, a young and talented PG in Smith, and picks to rebuild.

Kleber
    Barnes
    Porter
    Beal
    Doncic

That's a playoff team as much as I hate to admit it

Koperboy and hakeem94 like this.
  3. JayZ750

The Beal deal is basically a salary dump. Why would the Wizards do that? Beal is their ++++ asset. If you move him in a salary dump, it's one that includes potentially great draft picks as well.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

There's no way the Knicks give up Porzingis for Beal imo. I agree on that Lakers offer though, personally, if i have Oubre on a rookie deal, i'm not moving Beal for Ingram, not worth it.

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. JayZ750

Dallas' pick is "probably" the Hawks this year. Not sure the exact rules given the protection, meaning not sure if they can trade this years or next years 1st until they know for sure when it conveys.

So it'd basically be Porter/Beal for salary dump + Dennis Smith Jr.

Beal is better than Dennis Smith Jr.

Again, I just think that if they are going to move Beal, the return could be higher.

And I don't think they have to yet add Beal to a Porter to move him. If the Wizards are willing to just salary dump Porter (so no picks coming back required), there is some team out there (cough, cough, Rockets and others) that could oblige

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If we are going to talk Lakers, hey @cyberx, how interested are the Lakers in Beal? Would they give up Ingram for Beal?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

I love it when an NBA team underachieves and a fire sale of good players happen.

[​IMG]

8. JayZ750

Yeah...

I mean, not being on the East coast, I have the benefit of viewing Porzingis with unbiased eyes. On an unbiased basis, he has potential to be really really good... but isn't close to the level some people on the East coast might put him at... which is a guy that could be in the AD/Giannis type tier.

He's not that.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

No bro, Kleber at center? Really? They would suck with that team, a lot of shooting, but no paint presence whatsoever and not enough talent all around anyway.

Anyway, the problem here is that personally i don't think the Wizards are going into a full rebuild so, they won't necessarily have much interest in expiring contracts, i think they will trade someone at this point, but to get some value back and lower their salaries, moving Wall or Beal is probably going to be enough to get them back on track in terms of winning, Wall and Beal never liked each other, this is well known, they should've done something earlier about this instead of leaving the situation as it is and adding guys like Rivers, Dwight, just terrible managment.

With that said i would love to see DeAndre traded there because that would mean he's getting bought out. Mavs btw don't have a picks to trade before 2020 (their 1st rounder this year goes to Atlanta) and Smith is looking like a bust to me, not sure how much Washington should be interested in him, i think they can get much better value than him for Beal, and if they keep Wall there's no reason to take back Smith in the first place.

#29 Vivi, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    steddinotayto likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

Valid points. My Doncic blinders really got me this time lol ****ing Mavericks got lucky this year with Luka.

Vivi likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

As today he isn't, i agree, he also had a lot of injuries, which is pretty scary especially for a big man, but his potential is really that good, i'd say pretty unique so, for a star (Giannis, AD) maybe they would move him, i just don't see it for Beal.

12. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Finally a team with good pieces blowing it up that's not in the West. Hopefully they're like the other teams and don't want to trade stars to their conference

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. JayZ750

I'm not as sold on his upside, assuming health.

Which doesn't mean I think he's bad, just not sold on the star/all-nba potential upside. Most specifically in terms of winning impact. I don't think he'll ever be a #1. Whether he's a championship level #2 is a question...

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's fair enough, i'm personally not sure either, i just like his potential a lot so, i can understand the Knicks not moving him for a player you can't build around.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is this the perfect timing? Why not at the trade deadline or in the offseason?

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lakers should do it. Last 4 years of Lebrons late prime. Gotta go all in. I don’t know if they can match the contracts though.

AD is under contract. They’d have to hope he demands a trade and lists lakers as a destination.

Kawhi looking good in Toronto and likely to stay but also seems Clippers ahead of Lakers for him.

KD has caught so much hate for joining GS and now having his teammate call him a b**** for it. You really think he’s going to tuck his tail and run to hide in LeBrons shadow where he’ll get all the blame and none of the praise if they win? Hell no.

Boogie? Maybe.

What else is there? Not much. Do 1 year contracts and hope the next summer will your time? You’ll be 2 seasons in to Brons time in LA still hoping a star falls in your lap.

17. steddinotayto

The Wizards are putting out their own Black Friday doorbuster ad.

TAB, BigMaloe, slothy420 and 4 others like this.
  18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The Wizards/Bullets are just one of those traditionally stupid franchises that can't ever rise above mediocrity for long because of stuff like Wall's contract.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Lakers can't take any contracts if they want Leonard or kd.

#39 Air Langhi, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    JayZ750 likes this.
  20. craguin

craguin Member