1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An Idea for GARM Thread Control

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by theimpossibles1, Nov 17, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

The GARM is borderline impossible to keep up with lately due to the preponderance of new threads started daily. I assume there is little to no restriction on thread starting priveleges because CF enjoys some traffic drivers in the offseason.

On that note, how about creating restrictions for GARM thread starting privileges but only during the Rocket's regular season + playoffs?

Something like X # of posts or X # of likes or member since X year or contributing status etc.. Then back to free for all in the offseason.

I realize it may not be entirely feasible for the admins to engineer such a system, I just wanted to put the idea out there.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.
    sorry, couldn't help myself :D

3. Man Dingo

Man Dingo Member

I suggest every thread be in the waiting room until it gets moderator approval. If moderators are shorthanded, perhaps some of the senior members with big posts like @DaDakota or @tinman or @J.R. or @MadMax can help out

Just my 0.02

Reeko, Snow Villiers and tinman like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Limit the number of threads on person can post per month. This allows them to think about posting quality over trash

Rashmon, Reeko and theimpossibles1 like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How about no thread starting privileges for anyone who is not a contributing or supporting member?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let’s make the GARM
    Pure

@Os Trigonum

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the more threads the better, I always say. especially Kellerman threads. love me some Kellerman threads in the morning

jcf likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the segment would be emptier as established posters dun start threads as much or at all.

1 Thread every day restriction would be fine. At the very least you need variety of thread starters.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not opposed to this idea