1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phantom Hangovers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Anyone get these? This morning I woke up with one of the nastiest hangovers ever and I haven't had a drink of alcohol in almost 2 years. I woke up feeling like I did in my old punk days when I would have a long night of music and 1234 too many drinks. I just can't get motivated to do anything throughout my first 6 hours of the day. If it wasn't for the throbbing headache I'd have probably stayed in bed.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Uh... that’s an odd way to think about that.

You should probably talk to the doctor about this. Like seriously. You might have an actual issue going on.

gatsby, Yung-T, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  3. MystikArkitect

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Blood pressure?

Blatz likes this.
  5. body slam

body slam Member

change in the weather?
    sinus?

Blatz likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah this sounds like cause for concern. I'd make a doc appointment.

Blatz likes this.
  7. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Hi OP,

Anything make it better or worse? Is it a pulsating pain? Any sensitivity to light/sound? Any recent trauma that may have caused this?

I agree with previous posters, definitely go seek out a small urgent care clinic at the very least.

Yung-T and Blatz like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've had days where I felt low energy with a headache that goes away with aspirin. Turned out it was sleep apnea and I was suffocating in my sleep.

Could be anything. You'll need an expensive sleep study to be sure

Blatz likes this.
  9. Blatz

I wonder if that could be a big part of it? Thinking about it and my sodium intake was likely a lot higher than usual yesterday. Made a big pot chili but if it's going to cause a horrible hangover effect than I don't want anymore. Also the weather has caused my arthritis pain to spike to almost unbearable levels. I've kind of kept the two feelings (pain and hangover) separated cause I've never had one cause the other in some way, that I know of anyway. I also just checked my blood pressure and it's normal now but I don't what it was earlier.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

OP is drinking and blacking out, then claiming it's a phantom hangover.

Sure.

fallenphoenix and Blatz like this.
  11. theimpossibles1

Very good chance you are just dehydrated. The sodium will do that. Good chance your arthritis symptoms are linked to dehydration as well (along with the weather). Down a half gallon of water over the next hour and see how you feel. Also headaches are dehydration most of the time. Fun fact.

No need to rush to the doctor or quit eating chili lol. If you think it might be dehydration, it probably is. Keep us updated.

#11 theimpossibles1, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Blatz likes this.
  12. Blatz

I've taken some Aleve with little to no effect. I've called my DR for an appointment but his office wants me to go to the ER. I don't do good in Hospitals. I was severely traumatized during a hospital stay a few years ago and I still feel the that fear when I step foot in one.

13. theimpossibles1

Aleve won't help too much if you are dehydrated. I feel you man, I avoid doctors and ERs at all costs. I think if you are able to be on clutchfans and type coherent posts you might wanna try some home remedies before stressing and dishing out $ at the ER.

Like I said get a lot of water in you asap, maybe try to eat some mild food like yogurt or fruit etc. Give it an hour and if it doesn't improve or gets worse, consider more drastic options. A half gallon over the next hour should do nicely.

Blatz likes this.
  14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Go to one of the memorial hermann urgent care clinics. It's like a mini hospital except without all the commotion and roughness of a big hospital. Wait time is very minimal as well.

They can check you out and make sure nothing emergent is going on. But you should still follow-up with your primary doctor after that even if they say you're alright.

http://www.memorialhermann.org/urgentcare/#locations

Don't F around with your health. I'm not trying to scare you or anything so don't take it that way. Sometimes even when we don't realize it, little things can be a precursor to something way more serious. There's just no sense in taking a chance. Especially if your doctor's clinic has told you to go to an ER.

Edit: The ones I was thinking of are called "convenient care clinics" from Memorial Hermann. They're the mini-ER places. I think either one of these options should be good if you don't want to go to a hospital for whatever reason.

http://www.memorialhermann.org/convenient-care-centers/

#14 DudeWah, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Yung-T and Blatz like this.
  15. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

^Completely agree with @DudeWah

Your doctor's office may have told you to visit the ER in the event that you may be having a subarachnoid hemorrhage (medical emergency). OP, I understand ER's may not be a good environment for you, but I strongly do believe some sort of medical help should be sought after. A visit to an urgent care clinic may be the best choice at the very least, given your past traumatic experience.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

I've noticed that I get this way if I have spicy food the day before (I feel hungover) or after I drink a loaded protein shake (also dehydates me). Usually chugging some cold H20 will fix me right up. You should be drinking at least 50-60oz of water a day if not more.

Also try a really hot cup of coffee, that really helps me on some days where I have a headache or feeling of hangover (again I also get these non-hangover hangovers).

Blatz and theimpossibles1 like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You might have Sleep Apnea.

18. theimpossibles1

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's like when I get phantom flu after working out hard. Hot, sweaty, sore, hard to breath, tired.

20. Blatz

My DR is going to make me his first appointment in the morning. I'm sure he is doing that because he knows my history with the Hospital and knows I won't go to the ER. He might just send me to my rheumatologist A nurse ambassador for my arthritis medication called while I was making my last post and we talked for a bit about this and other things that could be related. I'm sipping water now so I don't vomit and hoping to stay calm.