1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do our City Edition jerseys suck?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Seriously they need to design something better

4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I get that a lot of people like where they live but at the end of the day who gives a crap whether the Rockets have a landmark of Houston on their jersey?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Snow Villiers @Os Trigonum
    answer him

6. dream2franchise

I'm absolutely feeling that Harden NASA suit. Houston text in that typeface, some clean trim. That would be nice.

This is where I'm at a disadvantage. Not really a Houston guy and would never have the time to research what would go into a unique city uni. I know NASA and Treasures lol

Did these recently if only to see how that retro type and drop shadowing would look.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. MettaWorldPete

Regardless of what is technically the city jersey, obviously many of us would like a rockets jersey that reps Houston specifically. As other people have mentioned, the iconic h inside the star, or a baby blue jersey, or (my favorite) purple with some Johnny Dang image would be amazing. I assume they would never make the third, and maybe kids these days wouldn’t understand the baby blue, but the first would work great if licensing could be figured out.

9. dream2franchise

#109 dream2franchise, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    J.R. likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

F'ing disgusting that our "CITY" jerseys are CHINESE jerseys. I mean, WTF?

We better be making money with those atrocities. Money to pay off luxury taxes and buy draft picks.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  11. Classic

Classic Member

Worst Rockets Jersey I've ever seen

Absolute trash

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Would love the Calvin/Rudy T era Red with lots of gold as a statement, with association and icon being Hakeem championship days with minimal gold trim. A city jersey with the oilers/city flag colors. I think primary white would look clean with the wordmark in a NASA like font in red. Luv Ya Blue trim. City Flag badge on the opposite side of the stupid rockit badge-probably would never happen but instead of houston flag-would be cool to have a flag for the players nationality like on astronaut suits so Zhou can have his Chinese flag on his for that China money. Nene with his Brazil flag and Clint of course with his Switzerland flag and Jimmy Butler with his Tomball flag
    [​IMG]

13. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Im amazed people still dont understand what the Rockets did. The black uniforms with the Rocket print on the side is basically the City Uniform representing Houston. They did it that way so they could wear it all the time. The actual City uniforms can only we worn a couple times a year. Fegan even came out and mentioned this last year.

khanhdum likes this.
  14. dream2franchise

There it is. I don't hate the gold and the little details. I don't love the jersey at all, but it's not just the text slapped on like it normally is.

Cartoon Rocket making the comeback too hehe

15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

i like the shorts

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I am digging Auspicious Clouds, tbh.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I’m not big on our Chinese units because they basically ripped rockets off of it and slapped Chinese lettering. But they actually did something with it for once.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dildos must be flying in those makers' heads. Quit thinking about seksey toys.

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

I don't live in Houston so don't slam me. But is there any other reason that we embrace chinesse everything besides Yao && $$ that come from Asia from that regard? Like Houston has big asian minorities?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can't answer your question fully but it should be about sponsoring and good networking.

Rockets maintain the best path to the Chinese market.

DonKnock likes this.