1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OAK trades Amari Cooper to DAL for a 1st Round pick

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by NewRoxFan, Oct 22, 2018.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Dallas was in a sticky situation with this deal. They needed a #1 WR, falling behind in a division where the same teams are trying to acquire said player. Philly or Washington grabbing Cooper would elevated them over Dallas, even more so.

Next year's WR free agent class is very mediocre, but the top WRs will command close to what Amari makes.

Also, which receiver could the Cowboys have drafted that would've been worth a mid-level draft pick that would be equal to or better than Amari.

I think it's risky, but it's not as bad as the Roy Williams trade, because Amarillo is still a pro-pro-bowl caliber receiver and only 24.

The Raiders can rebuild with those draft picks, but who is completely sure that those picks will pan out. In alot of these deals, the teams that bet on the greater player being better than a sum of draft picks happen, often.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'm trying to figure out what player the Cowboys would've drafted with their, because some think this player would be some kind of all-pro, when the odds are very much unlikely, especially if they are in the playoff picture.

3. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I actually don't think it's a bad trade for either teams. Cooper is still only 24, and was a top 5 pick a few years ago. If I'm Dallas I probably would have tried a 2 and a 3 instead of a 1, but I can't blame them for giving it a go.

If Cooper pans out, which I think he will, it's a good trade. And for the Raiders they are in full rebuild anyway. I think They have like 5 first round picks in the next two years... That's how you rebuild.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

from what i hear from dallas people on my end, they said dallas should of just drafted Calvin Ridley. They aren't fans of Cooper whatsoever

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Gotta keep those Cowsheep shelling out the $$$ to buy Cows merchandise, come out to Jerry World and chug down the $12 beers. It's football entertainment at its best.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Same here.

I brought this up to a bunch of Dallas fans that I know and they agreed. They just got too cute with their draft of Leighton Vander Esch in the first.

I'm actually glad they didn't draft him because now I can actually root for the kid.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

They really gave up a top 15 pick, maybe top 10 pick for Amari Cooper. :D

sammy likes this.