1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you bench Winston for Fitz?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by deb4rockets, Oct 29, 2018.

?

At this point in the season who would you go with as your starter?

1. Winston (Hoping he improves)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Fitzpatrick (Our best chance to win now)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you had to make the choice of who you would play next week who would you go with?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Both stink. I would just run the WildBuc. ;)

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Season is over. Neither guy will return next year.

Where is the kook here that incessantly defended Jameis Winston and called the NFL racist? Haven't heard from him in a while. I guess it's time to run and hide now.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

it doesn't really matter. if they do, Fitz will suck eventually then they'll put Winston in. And it'll keep going. Neither are any good for the long run. won't win anything regardless

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

How does any QB win games with a defense allowing over 32 ppg? I'm not saying Fits or Jameis are the answers at QB, but how can any team win with that type defense . You are going to be playing from behind or having to keep scoring, because the other side never hold a lead. They have not had a good defense, since they had Gruden and they had some outstanding talent.

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs...-fantasy-tampa-bay-nohas-the-nfls--1-offense/

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I watched some of the game this morning.

Winston was making some incredible throws, but would randomly goof up his footwork and just sail these passes.

he is fixable with adequate coaching. Having Fitzpatrick start moving forward is ridiculous. Winston still has the talent needed to take a team over the top.

If the Bucs are going to bench him, then they need to trade him asap and get what they can.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

not likely many teams want to get this guy or give up much for that matter. his so called talent isn't that significant
    [​IMG]

8. tmacfor35

Great arm, scans the field, can move a bit.

He has not improved since college though.

The issues he has besides being a bit crazy are technical issues.

He can still be a good QB.

Jacksonville would be smart to test the waters.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah that's the thing. hes still the exact the same player coming out of college and couple that with his off field issues. more of what i was alluding to. not something I'd want my organization to have to deal with personally

10. tmacfor35

True, but he could be a good low risk/reward moving forward.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Who, @RocketsTruth? He got taken by the illuminati. No I'm serious. I believe he was unearthing conspiracies throughout the NFL/NBA. Last post was him suggesting that Giannis' father's death was a cover up. Haven't heard from him since. The "elites" got to him.

GEMATRIA

J.R. likes this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Jameis Winston is so radioactive I don't think the term "low risk" can apply.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I think Winston is done. Fitz gives them the best chance of winning. It's easier to evaluate the other guys with him starting, too. Plus the memes.

14. tmacfor35

Once he gets signed to a one year deal with little guarantee, he is low risk.

The guy has the talent. He just needs better coaching/discipline.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Bucs have benched Jameis Winston and will move forward with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their starting quarterback. It's a seismic move for a Bucs organization that owes Winston no guaranteed money beyond 2018. His 2019 team option is guaranteed for injury only. That creates a huge incentive to keep him on the bench for the remainder of the season. For his part, embattled coach Dirk Koetter insisted he's taking the situation one week at a time. "We’re just looking at this week," Koetter claimed. Fitzpatrick is no one's idea of a long-term answer at quarterback, but he has unquestionably been better than Winston in OC Todd Monken's air raid attack. There's a non-zero percent chance Winston has played his final Bucs snap.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is he doing there? Was this yesterday? Nevermind. I looked it up. He's so mature......LOL.

#16 deb4rockets, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

HAHAHA :D

EAT A W!

(Not from yesterday)