1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

For anybody that have/had the v30, did yall have Bluetooth audio issues after getting the Oreo update? I started to have it like a month or so ago, and it annoys the hell out of me since I use Bluetooth in my car for podcasts/music. There were some fixes that worked for a few days, then starts happening again.

For the reason along, I looked to upgrade. Last week I was looking at the G7, since I found a few that you can buy used for less than $400. Then the Samsung trade in offer was announced last Friday. They offered $300 for my V30, but also offered $300 for my G6 I still had laying around that I was going sell but never did. Ordered the S9+ 128GB unlocked for $500 after trade in

It's going to take awhile to get used to Samsung's software but I've skinned the hell out of it to be as much a Pixel setup with Nova Launcher.

I love the Pixel line but having not headphone jack is a deal breaker now for me.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Turns out gsmarena was wondering. QHD poled panel.

Went ahead and picked up the 3 XL with iPhone X trade-in that was just sitting in a drawer.

fba34 and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Pre-ordered the Pixel 3. Trading in the 2 XL.

I was almost tempted by the Samsung trade-in offer but remembered how unhappy I was with the lack of OS updates and bloated software on the GS8.

Pixel camera also slays S8 and LG G7.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pixel 3 only has 4 gigs of RAM?

5. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

FWIW it's the same as iPhone Xs/Xs Max, Galaxy S9, and LG G7 base model.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...4 Gbs of ram on IOS is like having 8-10 on Android. IOS is MUCH more efficient. Plus..A12 chip BLOWS away that Snapdragon 845, which didn't even come close to beating the A11 chip.

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I just couldn't get past the notch. The rest of the phone is great other than the 4gb of RAM. I've had 4gb since the original pixel. I'm using more and more apps these days so I want more RAM in hopes it loads apps faster. I think Google's memory management won't utilize more than 4gb anyway like other phones with more RAM and enhancements.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

ramotadab likes this.
  10. BiGGieStuFF

ramotadab and fba34 like this.
  11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Loving my S9+ at the moment, I skinned it to look like a Pixel Launcher, probably won't use most of Samsung's bloatware other than Samsung Pay and a few others, happy with my trade in so far

[​IMG]

#91 Dave2000, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    BiGGieStuFF likes this.
  12. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

This will be my new phone:

13. elrond

elrond Member

Sounds intriguing...tell me more about the wife angle camera :p

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pixel yet again doesn't have a headphone jack? Come on man.

15. likestohypeguy

I didn't want it but the new taller/skinnier display format is growing on me, am still not ready to accept a notch either. I hope that trend goes away.

16. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I think its the one where she asks you to take her pic and you take one but it comes out like a few hundred pics so she can choose one she thinks is passable for instagram.

It can also mean turning off the camera shutter sound and snapping a pic while giving it to her from behind.

BiGGieStuFF likes this.
  17. BiGGieStuFF

I don't like the 18:9 aspect ratio either. The only nice thing about it, is that it's easier to hold . Videos don't really fit nicely but it's not like I'm watching movies so it's good enough for YouTube videos. 6" 18:9 feels considerably smaller than 6" 16:9.

18. BiGGieStuFF

I'm surprised no phone maker has not thought of putting the cameras underneath a one way display. When looking at it you can't see the cameras .

19. BiGGieStuFF

I think for most guys it will be the first scenario. Haha

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Got my iPhone xr today at frys. It’s 650 for the 128 gb one which is good I think. Only downside is that it’s only on the black model. I am going to have a case on it at all times though so it’s all right.

So far so good. The screen looks perfectly fine. I can’t even see any pixels when I am using it at a normal distance from my face. The screen thing is overblown imo. I’d rather have great battery life over a high resolution screen.